Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

chris1989
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2023, 8:45 am

I don't know why but I seem to find some of the stuff being said about Ryan Gosling being ''too old'' to play Ken seems to be getting on my nerves. I just seem to think some people seem to think that once an actor or actress are in their 40s, they are ''expected'' to look all ''wrinkled'' and ''less attractive'' and so therefore not worthy of staring in a film of that sort anymore because it is not a younger actor that's playing the role. It must be said that both Ryan Gosling and Margot Robbie are both full grown adults playing teenage characters. Margot is a grown woman just as Ryan is a grown man. I seem to think I may have seen older actors playing young characters and younger actors playing older characters although I can't remember which ones. It shouldn't really matter at the end of the day as they are acting.

klanka
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2023, 9:19 am

When I heard he was ken I did have that as my immediate reaction as the character seems to be early twenties.
In the trailer he's possibly de-aged or given good lighting by the director to look young. I don't mind it

It's a comedy role so I assume he was chosen for that reason partially.

MatchboxVagabond
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2023, 3:10 pm

klanka wrote:
When I heard he was ken I did have that as my immediate reaction as the character seems to be early twenties.
In the trailer he's possibly de-aged or given good lighting by the director to look young. I don't mind it

It's a comedy role so I assume he was chosen for that reason partially.

Keep in mind that he's playing a doll, so they could use as much makeup and effects as necessary to make him look that young. A plastic doll is going to be kind of plastic in the face anyways.