Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

skibum
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2023, 11:54 am

I just noticed that the past 11 of my sent pms are stuck in the outbox and have been for awhile. Why is that? Can we send them?

Wreck It Ralph

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

11 Apr 2023, 12:05 pm

They'll stay there until the recipient opens them, at which point they'll move to "Sent messages".

If the recipients don't have PM alerts set up they may not be aware that PMs are waiting for them, until they manually check.
You could maybe try posting a message to a thread one of your recipients has recently posted to and ask them to check their PMs.

DeepHour
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2023, 12:59 pm

Hope this is not derailing the thread, but may I please enquire on a related topic?

If I send a PM to another member who opens and reads it, but subsequently deletes it, would it still be visible in 'Sent Messages' at my end?

Recidivist
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2023, 2:11 pm

DeepHour wrote:
Hope this is not derailing the thread, but may I please enquire on a related topic?

If I send a PM to another member who opens and reads it, but subsequently deletes it, would it still be visible in 'Sent Messages' at my end?

Yes :D I sent a Dick (Chaney) Pic which was deleted and I still have the sent PM containing Dick.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2023, 2:21 pm

Recidivist wrote:
DeepHour wrote:

Yes :D I sent a Dick (Chaney) Pic which was deleted and I still have the sent PM containing Dick.

Yes, I reported it and then deleted it. No one should have to deal with pics of Dick (Cheney). :roll: That’s just going too far.

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

12 Apr 2023, 4:44 am

Related - it you send a PM and delete it, it will also vanish at the recipient's end provided they've not yet opened it.
The recipient will instead see "This message was deleted by its author" as the PM subject.

If a PM has not yet been opened by the recipient you're able to edit it until it's been opened.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2023, 5:11 am

How do I delete a PM? I've never actually deleted any PMs since I've been here and I can't work out how to.

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

12 Apr 2023, 5:20 am

Click the checkbox(es) in the "Mark" column to the right of the subject line of the PMs you want to delete, then click on the drop-down menu at the bottom of the list.

It defaults to "Mark/Unmark as important" but when clicked you'll see the "Delete marked" option.
Select that then click on the "Go" button to the right to delete the marked PMs.

This can be used on any of your PM boxes.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2023, 5:29 am

Thanks.

skibum
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2023, 4:58 pm

Cornflake wrote:
They'll stay there until the recipient opens them, at which point they'll move to "Sent messages".

If the recipients don't have PM alerts set up they may not be aware that PMs are waiting for them, until they manually check.
You could maybe try posting a message to a thread one of your recipients has recently posted to and ask them to check their PMs.
Ah, thank you for explaining!! :D

Wreck It Ralph

skibum
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2023, 5:00 pm

DeepHour wrote:

No worries about derailing the thread. It's all good. Cornflake answered my question so no problem! :D

Wreck It Ralph

skibum
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2023, 5:01 pm

Twilightprincess wrote:
Recidivist wrote:
DeepHour wrote:

Yes, I reported it and then deleted it. No one should have to deal with pics of Dick (Cheney). :roll: That’s just going too far.
LOL!!

Wreck It Ralph