goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2023, 12:43 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
^^^
Trump has accumulated so much infamy in the past few years that no prosecutor is going to let him go this time around. So gotten so much light on his misdeeds since he's been President that he can't get out of the spotlight.

Don't count your chickens.
We can all gloat WHEN/IF it happens. 8)

There's no way New Yorkers are going to let Trump get away, and unless the Virginia jury is made up of MAGA Republicans, I can't see how the evidence against him there can be ignored. The only way Trump gets out of this is if he dies, or he defects to Russia.

Which is a Virginia case? :? Or did you mean Georgia?

Agreed on all the rest. Between various state and federal crimes, he’s done like dinner.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2023, 1:27 am

goldfish21 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
^^^
Trump has accumulated so much infamy in the past few years that no prosecutor is going to let him go this time around. So gotten so much light on his misdeeds since he's been President that he can't get out of the spotlight.

There's no way New Yorkers are going to let Trump get away, and unless the Virginia jury is made up of MAGA Republicans, I can't see how the evidence against him there can be ignored. The only way Trump gets out of this is if he dies, or he defects to Russia.

Agreed on all the rest. Between various state and federal crimes, he’s done like dinner.

Oh, sh*t! I meant Georgia! :lol: :oops:

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2023, 1:54 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
^^^

Would you bet your left testicle on that? :scratch:

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2023, 1:56 am

goldfish21 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
^^^

2 testicles up for grabs? :scratch:

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2023, 4:20 am

Pepe wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
^^^

Would you bet your left testicle on that? :scratch:

Maybe.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2023, 9:42 am

Pepe wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
^^^

^^^^
This

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2023, 10:00 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
The only way Trump gets out of this is if he dies, or he defects to Russia.
I am not sure about the defection or the only way he gets out of it but I am very concerned about him dying before him getting meaningful punishment. They all are saying he will do everything he can to delay in order to get past the election, while that is a plausible motive, another motive is to drag things out for so long that he dies a martyr.

If this happens many will comfort themselves that he will get his comeuppance in hell. Maybe, but that don’t help us on earth. I will view his dying before being punished in a meaningful way as him skating period. The MAGA’s will interpret his dying before being punished as the ultimate owning of the libs by God. The anti MAGA’s as much as they
try and comfort themselves with the belief he is being held accountable in hell deep down there will the thought that he got away with it all.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2023, 5:55 pm

trump testified today. Sounds like it did not go well for him, but then he claimed it went great lol - typical trump lies/fantasy world.

https://www.cnn.com/politics/live-news/ ... index.html

The don jr & eric testimonies did not go well for them, either.

ivanka testifies Wednesday, then the NYAG will rest their case after that.

Not sure how long the trial continues after that ? Maybe it's wrapped up this week or next ? In any event, the judge already ruled from the very beginning that they were liable for fraud and this whole process is just to see how much money they're on the hook to pay. I wonder of Michael Cohen is correct and it'll balloon to $750M-$1B from the initial $250M?

:popcorn:

Then trump will blah blah whine that it's a politically motivated witch hunt, election interference blah blah whine whine appeal the decisions to whatever court is next yada yada delay delay, milk every bit of it to use for his stay out of jail campaign.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2023, 3:51 am

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2023, 3:14 pm

Basically ALL of the news commentary on this so far is that everything is going very very badly for trump, the trump org, his kids etc. Ivanka is testifying today - probably the only one smart enough to plead the 5th is my guess - and thennn next steps towards trump officially losing his ill gotten gains.

The post court interviews of trump, his kids, his lawyer etc are all pretty funny.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2023, 3:34 pm

OR

Maybe trump is telling the truth and the trial went well for him And is a total scam!

..but then why did he plead the 5th over 400 times during his deposition months ago? :?

Gonna be awesome to see him meltdown when this concludes. 8)

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2023, 1:23 am

Pepe wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:

Trump previously sat for an hourslong deposition in August, prior to James filing her lawsuit that accused Trump, his eldest children and his company of fraudulently inflating the value of the Trump real estate portfolio and his net worth.

Not defending him, but I understand this is quite common in Ameriaaa.

If so, it just means the business class of America is irredeemably corrupt, and that the left has been right about them all along.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2023, 5:00 am

If wrong has been done, then everyone doing that wrong should also be held accountable for it as not one should get away with it if many people are doing it.

I am one who goes without things because I stick to the principles of doing right where I can, and this has lead me into missing out on life on many occasions. I missed out on lassing my college education because I refused to cheat. The course had been shortened so much that when I did it, it was impossible to pass unless one was a complete genius (Only one guy passed out of his own merit because he was a genius... I was the only one to fail. Everybody else on that course cheated including the lecturers who encouraged us to cheat so that they could keep their jobs!)

Where I worked in the past, I stuck to the rules where no one else did, and it showed up everyone else, so I was brought into the managers office for doing right because I was accused of "Not being a Team Player" because I wasn't breaking the rules our company had made. They looked to get me out after that but couldn't as I did many hours of work per week for free! So the mofe they tried to overload me thinking I would quit, and the less official hours they gave me so my pay was hardly worth coming in, did not stop me from working there. I quit because of burnout. Not because of other reasons.
But that is because I was stupid as I am one to push myself to the limits and then crash! I can't do it now if I wanted to as I would crash too easy!

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2023, 5:10 am

Wake me when Trump is convicted, so I can "be there" for his sentencing and incarceration, okay?

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2023, 2:22 pm

Fnord wrote:
Wake me when Trump is convicted, so I can "be there" for his sentencing and incarceration, okay?

Meanwhile, I should be working damned near every day to keep busy earning and keeping in shape vs. napping, then getting some sort of notification that this case/others have concluded - and theennnnnn we can party. 8)

But I've been doing some tax paperwork and Mostly procrastinating the last week and a half. But I Need to get all of this stuff Done and move other things forward asap so I can move on with life. Looks like the actors strike is officially over now, so a bunch of film industry people are very swiftly getting back to work - saw a message last night about a single show about to get back to shooting here that needs to staff up with 150-200 crew ASAP so there could be an opportunity to work on it if I wanna. Hmm. Or another. Or different work - anything is more productive than following the trumplestiltskin troll tour de courtrooms + procrastinating on other tasks. Decisions decisions.. *as I look out the window and think it might be motorcycle riding weather today* :lol:

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2024, 3:40 pm

Closing arguments today (yesterday? on Noon news here in Canada on TV) and there was a bomb threat called in to Judge Engoron's home. :roll: Typical trump cult violence. Probably going to be a lot more of it moving forward - against judges, prosecutors, witnesses etc.

Also, they reported that trump made a last minute request to make part of the closing arguments himself but the judge said no. Some lawyer or spokesperson or something for the good guys was on the news saying the reason it was denied was because then trump wouldn't be testifying under oath and could hijack the closing arguments to lie, commit perjury etc etc so of course the judge denied him the opportunity. Naturally trump complained that the judge won't let him speak. :roll: Every move he makes is just to use the courts and his legal proceedings as part of his campaign to the maga cult.

Should be an end to this case pretty quickly - and an expected end to his ability to do business in NY state + fines that he can't afford to pay w/o liquidating building assets. The beginning of the fat lady singing for the trump organization..