Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Dmitriy Johnovich Volkov
Butterfly
Butterfly

14 Apr 2023, 7:50 pm

Hi! I've been trying to build some more muscle lately-- I'm a transgender male and I think having a more muscular build would help me feel more comfortable with my body. Does anyone have tips for building abdomen muscle and arm muscle? Also, any tips on how to stay motivated/work out when you're tired? any help would be very appreciated!! !! :)

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2023, 7:55 pm

Consult the medical professional most familiar with your transition.  Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT) may be one option, while a "Boot Camp" style training regimen may be another.

But I am not a medical professional, and (as far as I know) no one else in this website is either.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

RandoNLD
Toucan
Toucan

15 Apr 2023, 12:40 pm

Gain weight and convert it into muscle through exercise, many swear by mashed potatoes and a fair amount of fat in the diet, just beware that if you continue eating that way and stop exercising your body's fat content will increase like with retired football players. Exercise at times when you are not physically tired, other than that I lift when I'm anxious and want to smoke cigs or drink.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2023, 3:43 am

It's an older book now, but the info in it still rings true.

https://www.thriftbooks.com/w/body-for- ... m/2983177/

Super simple workout & cardio plans, goal setting, and nutrition/meal plans. Doing the work of workouts is only part of it - gotta follow it up with the accompanying diet to maximize gains and build muscle for your efforts. This book really nails the basics and the program is very effective.