Page 2 of 3 [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

DuckHairback
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2023, 7:06 am

babybird wrote:
I reckon 40 to 60% is probably about normal for people. I mean nobody can be 100% likable and unless you're Jimmy Saville or Fred West you're not likely to be anywhere near 100% unlikable.

I'd imagine both Jimmy Saville and Fred West would have been considered pretty likeable in their public personas. That's how you get away with being awful in private.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2023, 9:35 am

That's true enough

bee33
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2023, 11:31 am

Well, there is a flaw here clearly because I have been living in despair and crying every day for over a year, and this quiz gave me the highest possible marks in happiness.

What they mean is how fine you are with yourself, rather than being someone who is prone to finding fault with yourself and feeling insecure. That has nothing to do with happiness. Maybe they could have called it self-esteem or satisfaction or something else.

Aurura_b
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

11 Jun 2023, 8:05 pm

"You are a greatly likable person (85.71%)."

>>Ifeelhugged<<

colliegrace
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2023, 8:09 pm

Lol on low friendliness

Also diagnosed with: seasonal depression, anxiety, OCD

AquaineBay
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2023, 10:48 pm

76.43% isn't bad! In the grand scheme of things apparently only 23.57% of people wouldn't like me. I consider those pretty good odds! I say the chart represents me pretty well except for "happiness". Happiness in the test is described as how comfortable you are with yourself(values, looks, personality) and I'm pretty comfortable with those things. Maybe I misunderstood but, that's the impression I got from what was described as it's meaning in this test.

"God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
Courage to change the things I can,
and Wisdom to know the difference."

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2023, 6:13 am

Thanks Fairfield! I don't know how to post the result chart but I got Likeable 64.29% which is great!

My results were from highest to lowest:
Kindness
Honesty
Tolerance
Humour
Positivity
Friendliness
Happiness

I was really surprised that Humour wasn't higher because I can make most people laugh, it's one of my very favourite things to do. Maybe I underestimated myself in the test? I had a comment on my fanfic recently that said my story was hilarious :)

Some of those questions though, OMG, the ones about manipulating people, ugh!

Caz72
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2023, 6:20 am

You are a somewhat likable person (46.43%).

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2023, 6:24 am

DuckHairback wrote:
babybird wrote:
I reckon 40 to 60% is probably about normal for people. I mean nobody can be 100% likable and unless you're Jimmy Saville or Fred West you're not likely to be anywhere near 100% unlikable.

I'd imagine both Jimmy Saville and Fred West would have been considered pretty likeable in their public personas. That's how you get away with being awful in private.

If someone was 100% likeable I'd be very suspicious. It would mean they had no opinions of their own and just said what other people wanted to hear all the time.

Yes, I met this guy on Reddit who posted that his uncle (or great uncle, can't remember) worked with Fred West and the uncle said that Fred was the one of the nicest, loveliest men he'd met, a joy to work with, he's never forgotten him.

Also I heard this bloke I was at school with, who everyone liked and was popular etc, was put in jail a few years ago for being a paedophile. That was a big shock for us all.

It just goes to show you can't tell from public personas.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2023, 6:39 am

Being 100% likeable means perfect, and it is actually impossible for anyone to be perfect. If you've seen the Horrid Henry cartoons you'll see what I'm talking about. Perfect Peter is supposed to be perfect, but if you think about it he isn't perfect, he can be a kiss-ass and a telltale and other annoying traits. So that just proves no-one can actually be perfect. If you were perfect then you'd be boring or even dead.

Caz72
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2023, 7:16 am

iv often ended up making women cry but i dont mean to and i dont want to but i dont feel remorse afterwards but I dont feel good or anything.i just dont understand humans thats all even tho im a human myself but i cant really connect with others that well

like i upset a female coworker once.shecwas overweight and was saying she was too fat and had started a diet.all i did was agree with her and she got offended 'so im fat?' i said 'you just said so yourself you just said your starting a diet.

what did she want me to say ? no your not fat at all you dont need to diet. no whats the point of saying that?she knows shes fat and chose to diet
besides being fat can be unhealthy so by being honest about it your doing them a favour

im 51 years old and i still dont get it

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2023, 7:24 am

Lol

I've offended women as well but not for many years. It's when they start getting their photographs out of their pets and children. I just can't even fake my disinterest so I just had to tell them that I'm really not interested in looking at photographs.

I worked with one woman at work and she just used to go on endlessly about her problems. I turned round one day and said: what do you come here for, tea and sympathy?

That didn't go down to well with her but I thought it was f*****g hilarious and so did some of my colleagues.

I've got poor impulse control but I can't use that as an excuse always because in truth I just find it funny.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2023, 7:31 am

I don't have the guts to say the truth in real life. Like when a guy I don't like much at work was upset because he had reported another colleague over something petty and the colleague expressed hostility to him. Inwardly I agreed with the colleague who got reported, as it wasn't really a reportable offense, this guy I don't like was just being an irritating snitch to look big or something. But when he told me about it I didn't want to take sides so I just sympathised with him, without taking sides in any way. I was just like "oh dear". But what I really wanted to say was "well serves you right for being a bigmouth, you should just butt out".

I can't even stand up for myself (offline) if people are upsetting me. I mean, I fail when I stand up for myself here so I know I'll fail if I stood up for myself in offline life and nobody would like me. It's easier to have the courage to stand up for myself online though, when I'm anonymous of course. But I'm crap at it.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2023, 8:52 am

I don't think you do fail when you stand up for yourself on here Joe. The fact that you are standing up for yourself is proof in itself of that.

I've read posts of yours where you have quite adequately and effectively stood up for yourself.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2023, 9:19 am

I just can't do it offline though. I timidly back away and let unkind people walk all over me, maybe because I fear conflict or scared I'll say the wrong thing. I think it's mainly because I fear they might blow up at me for standing up for myself and it becomes a heated argument and then I'll start crying. Yes, I do cry easily, not to get attention or pity or anything, I can't help crying. I suddenly feel all small and anxious and my eyes just start filling up with tears before I can stop them. And I'm always afraid of this happening in case it will make me look weak.
To me crying is like vomiting. When you're going to vomit you're going to vomit, you can't hold it back like you can a burp or a fart or even poop. And it's the same with me once I get the urge to cry, it just happens and I can't hide it. I have to run off to the nearest toilet for a proper cry. I hate crying in front of people at work.

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2023, 2:12 pm

Caz72 wrote:
iv often ended up making women cry but i dont mean to and i dont want to but i dont feel remorse afterwards but I dont feel good or anything.i just dont understand humans thats all even tho im a human myself but i cant really connect with others that well

like i upset a female coworker once.shecwas overweight and was saying she was too fat and had started a diet.all i did was agree with her and she got offended 'so im fat?' i said 'you just said so yourself you just said your starting a diet.

what did she want me to say ? no your not fat at all you dont need to diet. no whats the point of saying that?she knows shes fat and chose to diet
besides being fat can be unhealthy so by being honest about it your doing them a favour

im 51 years old and i still dont get it

Oh god I get that all the time! I've realised that women are totally oversensitive about their appearance, weight, general 'look.'

If we say something that is remotely negative whatsoever, they take offence and never speak to us again.

Like in your experience with the colleague. It's a vicious circle. If you agreed or disagreed with her, you would be wrong. If you agree, she takes offence. If you disagree, she'll say you're lying. You can't win with people like that (i.e. women).

I had a friend who said to a colleague, 'Jane you look nice today.' Jane said 'oh, don't I look nice every other day?'

WTF are you supposed to say to that??? Jane was just looking to be offended.

It drives me mad. I do get on better with men because they tend to be difficult to offend.