No 33%  33%  [ 13 ]
It depends. Explain in comments. 21%  21%  [ 8 ]
Give me the results. 3%  3%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 39

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2023, 12:10 pm

I'd love to hang with Plato, Oscar Wilde, or Goethe, assuming Grohl's busy tonight.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2023, 12:11 pm

^ But which one of them do you want to date?

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2023, 1:15 pm

Grohl - hands down
Goethe so we can be cerebral
Wilde because he might know some hot dudes
Plato so he could write all my Uni papers about himself, for me

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2023, 1:19 pm

^ Wilde could also give you decorating and fashion advice.

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2023, 10:16 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
Women who are doomsday preppers/survivalists,hunters,campers, and who fish for red drum are my type.Also women who grew up in a oil and ranching family in Texas are also my type.Also women who are part of the FIRE movement are also my type.

What is the FIRE movement?

It stands for Financial Independence Retire Early.Basically people in it invest 50 to 90 percent of their income live very frugally and then retire much earlier than everybody else.It does not have to be like sitting on the sofa everyday watching daytime tv but rather you are free to do your own thing like passion projects that bring in extra income.The preferred investment in the movement is index funds.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2023, 10:18 pm

Oh OK. Thanks. I retired at 54 and I have some index funds.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2023, 11:22 pm

Weird. :nerdy:

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Eurythmic
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2023, 11:25 pm

Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
It stands for Financial Independence Retire Early.Basically people in it invest 50 to 90 percent of their income live very frugally and then retire much earlier than everybody else.It does not have to be like sitting on the sofa everyday watching daytime tv but rather you are free to do your own thing like passion projects that bring in extra income.The preferred investment in the movement is index funds.

I've been FIREd for many years now. People in my family have been doing this for generations although there wasn't a name for it then. Basically we're educated about financial literacy from an early age, taught to minimise outgoings and not pay attention to advertising, buy appreciating assets as young as possible. Continue to work hard for a few years when young and keep acquiring appreciating assets. After that ease right back off and work for recreation if/when you want to and let your assets work for you. Retire if/when you want to. Passive investments quickly snowball and earn income allthewhile increasing in capital value.

My partner and I both have similar financial discipline.
No dramas, no shortage of available money, but also an inbuilt discipline not to go pissing money up against the wall for trinkets.

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2023, 2:45 am

Eurythmic wrote:
Texasmoneyman300 wrote:

I've been FIREd for many years now. People in my family have been doing this for generations although there wasn't a name for it then. Basically we're educated about financial literacy from an early age, taught to minimise outgoings and not pay attention to advertising, buy appreciating assets as young as possible. Continue to work hard for a few years when young and keep acquiring appreciating assets. After that ease right back off and work for recreation if/when you want to and let your assets work for you. Retire if/when you want to. Passive investments quickly snowball and earn income allthewhile increasing in capital value.

My partner and I both have similar financial discipline.
No dramas, no shortage of available money, but also an inbuilt discipline not to go pissing money up against the wall for trinkets.

Oh okay kool.Both of my grandfathers retired early and my dad retired early but now he sort of has a second career.I just try to invest as much money as I can.Also, I like women who like dividend stocks.So dividend investors are also my type.My mom and dad also helped me be financial literate from a early age but I must admit that I am lot more cheap than my parents.

KeepWaiting
Raven
Raven

09 Jul 2023, 2:53 am

I don’t know if I have a type. I’m attracted to a few different ‘types’. Femininity is attractive. So is toughness. I also find androgynous females, or tomboys, to be very attractive.

Benjamin the Donkey
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2023, 5:15 am

KeepWaiting wrote:
I don’t know if I have a type. I’m attracted to a few different ‘types’. Femininity is attractive. So is toughness. I also find androgynous females, or tomboys, to be very attractive.

We're on the same wavelength. Feminine, tough, androgynous... that describes my partner perfectly.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2023, 6:35 am

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Sahn
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2023, 9:08 am

Anyone that talks to me, smiles, touches hair etc

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2023, 12:14 pm

Shared interests
Similar relationship goals
Compatible blood type

Persephone29
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2023, 12:04 am

Smart... He'd have to be smart to survive, I'd torture him otherwise. I'm not the least bit concerned with stereotypical 'looks,' although I would not kick him out if he were handsome. He just MUST be smart, and there are all kinds of smart. My husband is more of a street smart, financially savvy kind of man. He's not bad looking either.

Neurocognitive exam in May 2019, diagnosed with ASD, Asperger's type in June 2019.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2023, 6:37 am

I'm starting to think that my type is to remain single. Maybe I never should have started dating.