Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

BPD72
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

12 Jun 2023, 7:35 pm

People with Aspergers should have jobs or careers in there strengths and not there weaknesses. Your weaknesses will make you miserable and frustrated and even when trying your best you could still end up failing. More Important to aspies than to NT that were in our strengths, they can tolerate jobs they dislike and or are bad at more than we can. Numbers have always been an strength of mine adding, subtracting, multiplying and dividing. My mind is like an calculator since I was an young child. I also have an photographic memory. Sports knowledge, and acting out TV shows and movies based off of my photographic memory, watching an TV show or movie and memorizing it.

rse92
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2023, 1:25 pm

Yes they should. I couldn't agree more.

Do you have a job or career that plays to your strengths? If not, think about getting one.

BPD72
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

14 Jun 2023, 9:27 pm

Wish it was that easy. I have physical health problems two types of arthritis on top of the aspergers ADHD, etc. Also you have to have an college degree to be an Sports Announcer unless your an former pro athlete and or know the right people that would probably be the only exceptions and an lot of the pros that play pro sports then announce probably do have an degree in broadcasting. I have an Business Skills Certificate from BC3, I was originally going for an Accounting skills Certificate and only needed one more class Comp ACCT 1, but they didn't have the technology for the QuickBooks Homework, my one tutor was an teacher and she was smart but she didn't even know how to do the homework cause of the lack of technology for the QuickBooks homework. The Dean of Business was cool and an nice person, since they didn't have the technology to complete the homework for my ACCT Skills Certificate, he was like we'll forget about two classes you need for an Business Skills Certificate think it was marketing and Business Ethics. I went there off and on from Fall 2007 to 2017, and completed an lot of classes. I remember classes in order with my photographic memory. People with Aspergers need help from other people for direction towards getting an job in there strengths and or recommendations probably unless they have the exact education and are lucky. I can be like rain man in basic math addition, subtracting, multiplying, dividing, 24 Challenge but don't know what field I would translate or direct those skills into.