I Can Do anything, Where are my people?

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

Erick
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

13 Jun 2023, 2:42 am

! learned at the rip old age of 15 when I accidentally organized a game of capture the flag with almost 200 strangers, that I in fact could do anything. I've written fantasy, built websites, made pharmaceuticals, danced on stage in front of thousands of people, wired up factories and sang karaoke in German. I've encountered and had the pleasure of working with another individual similar in mindset and capabilities and we did some awesome stuff together, but we always struggled looking for other people like us. Does anyone know of and threads or groups here that would fit? There are lots of hi intelligence groups, but we didn't find a lot of people there there were ever interested in actually DOing stuff, just talking and investing.

This is my first post here and i Assume someone will be unhappy about it, I understand that I am likely in the wrong place, could you help point me in the right direction?

mrpieceofwork
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2023, 3:08 am

Can you help me get away from my idiot sister/captor?

My text only website
https://rawtext.club/~mrpieceofwork/
"Imagine Life Without Money"

xxSkull_Princessxx
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

13 Jun 2023, 10:20 pm

I can relate to you, except the things I've done with my life so far mostly involve the arts (drawing, animation, sewing, filming, video editing, etc). I taught myself to do all of these things and I believe that I do have the potential to succeed in life when I become an adult next year.

SomethingGenuine
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

29 Jun 2023, 1:41 am

Sounds amazing. I want to have a mindset like that though change stresses me out. How were you able to learn to do all of those things? Do all you do is learn or do you ever have leisure time?

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2023, 1:56 am

Six years of military service taught me the same thing -- With enough effort, I am fully capable of doing just about anything that I set my mind to . . . in spite of what my teachers, classmates, and father told me.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2023, 3:49 am

I don't think there's any particular thread for this but I can relate to what you're talking about.

I've done a lot of things, maybe the highlights are graduating with an award from one of the world's top universities for architecture, moving to Japan and designing a building in Tokyo which won a Good Design award, and leading a project for a big office building in China, pissing together with my billionaire client after dinner.

(Maybe the last one is more of an anecdote than an achievement, though.)

It's true most people can do much more than they usually think, but potential and actualisation are two different things. If you haven't reached a wall you can't get over (yet), you haven't pushed yourself hard enough.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2023, 11:52 pm

Fnord wrote:
Six years of military service taught me the same thing -- With enough effort, I am fully capable of doing just about anything that I set my mind to . . . in spite of what my teachers, classmates, and father told me.

Effort is not sufficient

You need *efficiency* to get the *outcome*

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2023, 8:37 pm

I recently retired so I'd have more time to work on my flower garden.
I have a continuous bloom from March through mid November.
One year I had a camellia bloom on January 1st in Connecticut!
Though my plants could easily be buried in snow on that day.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2023, 9:29 pm

SomethingGenuine wrote:
Sounds amazing. I want to have a mindset like that though change stresses me out. How were you able to learn to do all of those things? Do all you do is learn or do you ever have leisure time?

Read encouraging things. Learn to push through and enlarge your potential.

Start in little steps. Dare to dream big! Even small steps are giant leaps if one has not moved a foot, so start to shuffle your feet and see where you get! :D

Andfinally,do not look on things that don't work as a failure. A failure is a step to success! As how does one learn what works unless one has found out what does not? You only fail when you stop dreaming and moving towards your goal.

Start by conquoring the smaller things. Then move up a gear when it works!

Nothing to lose! Worse case is nothing happens! Everything to gain and to learn from! Experience gained adds knowledge to success! Dare to dream big!

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2023, 11:42 pm

Erick

When you say "I can do anything" (title), if there is one exception then the whole statement is false.

No matter how many things you have accomplished, that is still not *everything*. There are an infinite number of "things"

Mountain goat

"Nothing to lose! Worst case is nothing happens".

You lose time, energy and cash. Sometimes you lose confidence. Personal opportunity costs. Sunk costs. Effort justification.

Besides sometimes if you do something the wrong way it is worse than if you didn't do it at all. For example, if your car has $1000 damage and you try to fix it, you might cause $5000 damage