Page 1 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

dudenobody
Butterfly
Butterfly

14 Jun 2023, 8:22 pm

I'm curious what other aspie's favorite music genres are.

My favorites are Indie-Rock, Post-Punk, Progressive-Metal, and Progressive-Rock. Lately I've been listening to a lot of Interpol, Mastodon, and Tool. :lol:

- David Foster Wallace

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2023, 8:26 pm

I like grindcore and a lot of microgenres related to grind (thrashcore, fastcore, powerviolence, mincecore, deathgrind, goregrind, etc).

I like quite a bit of other metal/punk crossover genres too, like crossover thrash, hardcore, crust, "skramz", thrash metal, etc.

dudenobody
Butterfly
Butterfly

14 Jun 2023, 10:18 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
I like grindcore and a lot of microgenres related to grind (thrashcore, fastcore, powerviolence, mincecore, deathgrind, goregrind, etc).

I like quite a bit of other metal/punk crossover genres too, like crossover thrash, hardcore, crust, "skramz", thrash metal, etc.

I’ve heard of most of these genres, but not all of them. What are your favorite bands in these genres?

- David Foster Wallace

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2023, 11:53 pm

dudenobody wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:

I’ve heard of most of these genres, but not all of them. What are your favorite bands in these genres?

Spazz, Insect Warfare, Charles Bronson, Agathocles, Pig Destroyer, Benumb, Terrorizer, f**k... I'm Dead, Brutal Truth, Magrudergrind, Weekend Nachos, f**k On The Beach, Gadget, Shikabane

As far as crossover goes, Uncle Slam, S.O.D., Municipal Waste and D.R.I.
As far as crust, His Hero Is Gone, From Ashes Rise and Oroku
As far as "skramz" (or whatever you want to call it), stuff like Orchid, Mohinder, Reversal of Man, Love Lost But Not Forgotten, You And I, She Died Real Pretty and Roads To Shiloh

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2023, 12:41 am

Stuff with fast guitars.

I don't know all the genre names, but guitar is a must. No electronic music.

I think you'd call it classic rock, prog rock, heavy metal, punk, indie, post-punk, alternative, and ska punk.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2023, 8:47 am

Classical and folk are my favorite genres, but I like a little bit of everything.

DuckHairback
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2023, 9:54 am

I don't know. I don't feel like I ever like more than maybe 2% of any music in any given genre. Not enough to say I like psychedelic music or blues rock or electronic or acid jazz or whatever. I like some music in most genres and I'm prepared to spend time hunting it out. If there's a connective thread I don't know what it is, but I don't think it's genre.

The only real exception is classical music. I find all those strings and wind instruments at once too much. I don't think there's any classical music I would seek out, but I've not been exposed to much either so I won't rule it out.

ocean
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2023, 3:20 pm

hip hop 8)

you're the one whose losing

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2023, 3:30 pm

Country, march, rap, some sorts of techno, and pop music.

WilliamK1997
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

15 Jun 2023, 3:37 pm

When I was 10 years old or younger it may have been some random rock/nu metal/metal I heard from RuneScape montages I’m not sure. When I was a teenager I was obsessed with EDM, progressive house and video game soundtracks. I listen to music less than I used to now.

WilliamK1997

15 Jun 2023, 3:41 pm

funeralxempire wrote:

Do your ears ring from that sort of music?

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2023, 4:24 pm

WilliamK1997 wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:

Do your ears ring from that sort of music?

Nope.

Maybe if I listened to it really loud, but I'm not a fan of blasting whatever I'm listening to.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2023, 4:26 pm

I forgot to mention that I also like a lot of east coast and upper midwestern hip-hop, especially with 'boom-bap' style production.

Stuff like Cage, Copywrite, Wu-Tang, Big L, Eminem, D-12, Necro, Ill Bill, R.A. The Rugged Man, etc.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2023, 6:19 pm

Classical, Baroque, Baroque Pop, and maybe a little bit of everything else except Hip-Hop, House, and Rap.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

RandoNLD
Toucan
Toucan

18 Jun 2023, 3:25 pm

Funk, Jazz, Hip Hop, R & B, Blues, House, Progressive Rock, Psychedelic Rock.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

20 Jun 2023, 6:04 pm

The genres I've been listening to the most for the last couple years are Punk, EMO, & Glam Rock thou I like lots of other genres.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition