Page 87 of 100 [ 1595 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90 ... 100  Next

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2024, 2:48 pm

Hoping I will pacing my drinking before I do karaoke with friends tommorow night :)

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2024, 3:10 pm

Jamesy wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
Jamesy wrote:
Apparently cirosis of the liver caused by excessive drinking is not easy to fix and you have to go into hospital a fair few times to treat it.

Some people have pointed out before that they are quite disconcerted that i have pale skin and black circles when only in my mid 30s. :?

Pale skin = you don’t get enough sunlight.

Dark circles under your eyes = good chance its from salicylate acid sensitivity considering you’re on the spectrum and 70% of autistics have that food acid sensitivity And one of the symptoms is dark circles under your eyes.

It’s always cloudy and rains in England

Googled. Vancouver gets 290 days/year with measurable sunshine - not sure what the minimum number of hours is to count as a day tho.

London gets 302 days in North London with at least some sunshine.. so maybe similar. However, the first google results for England measure it in Hours of sunlight at 1403 Hours/year.. assuming 10 hours a day that's only 140 days, but since it says 302 days the average would be 4.65 hours/sunny day, which isn't terrible.

I googled for hours of sunlight in Vancouver and it says an average of 1835 hours/year with an average of 5h 1min per sunny day. 41.9% daylight hours are sunny, 58.1% cloudy or hazy with low sun intensity. (although we've had some very sunny years recently.. but according to a weather/climate geek beach friend ocean currents are shifting and we're going to be in for several years of gloomy weather and clouds and rain in comparison to the last several year cycle.)

Seems England gets less sunlight than we do on average, but only 24% less.. not exactly cloud and rain ALL the time in England.

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2024, 3:27 pm

I think drinking my pints fast when I go out is a nervous habit.

Ideally I would like to pace my drinking to 1 pint an hour.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2024, 9:36 pm

Had a splash of ouzo and a beer earlier. Might have another drink with a late dinner I’m gonna go home and cook up.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2024, 11:25 pm

Jameson whisky triple distilled and cola = heaven

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2024, 2:14 am

Drank an IPA with dinner. Good one, too. Picked it up on sale in the USA and read the alcohol content at 7.8% but didn’t read the rest of the label until after I tasted it.. 5 different hops, 1 I don’t recognize but the other 4 are all like in the top 10 most popular the last few years so no wonder it tastes pretty damned good!

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2024, 2:39 am

goldfish21 wrote:
read the alcohol content at 7.8% but didn’t read the rest of the label until after I tasted it.. 5 different hops, 1 I don’t recognize but the other 4 are all like in the top 10 most popular the last few years so no wonder it tastes pretty damned good!

I generally take cave man logic when it comes to my drinks....taste smooth...me like

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2024, 2:41 am

Rossall wrote:
I drink about 8 cans a day and have been warned about it by my GP. I have always liked a drink but it got worse due to bad neighbours about 10 years ago.

Post your experiences here and let's all help each other beat the booze.

Can we swap neighbors please?

GadgetGuru
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2024, 9:54 am

FleaOfTheChill wrote:
Rossall wrote:
Well it is christmas..

That's what I'm saying.

My oldest daughter got me a bottle of Baileys for xmas, and I'm getting into that tonight. I freakin love this stuff. So tasty.
Bailey's rules!

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2024, 4:04 pm

I had a couple of gin and slimlines with my tea down the pub. It was really nice as well. It just hit the spot.

Pub was absolutely rammed so we was lucky to get a table but we decided to not stay fir the quiz tonight.

It's brass outside as well for this time of year so it was nice to get home and get cosy

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2024, 4:16 pm

You sound like you had a good night, BB! :mrgreen:

Rossall
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2024, 4:19 pm

babybird wrote:
I had a couple of gin and slimlines with my tea
That's what I'm doing tonight at home. I don't bother with pubs these days as it's cheaper to drink at home and I prefer my own company where I can listen to my own choice of music. :)

Interests: music (especially 80s), computers, electronics, amateur radio, soccer (Liverpool).

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2024, 4:42 pm

Yeah I know what you mean but it's my daughter who treats me so I'm not gonna decline the offer

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2024, 7:59 am

Yet again took it to far with my drinking last night. Went round a friends house felt really anxious so drank some bottles of leffe blonde to calm my nerves. :roll:

Obviously really regret it today

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2024, 11:00 am

Alcohol affect me different if I drink at home

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2024, 11:53 am

Jamesy wrote:
Yet again took it to far with my drinking last night. Went round a friends house felt really anxious so drank some bottles of leffe blonde to calm my nerves. :roll:

Obviously really regret it today

:chin:

You would think there might be better, healthier, options to deal with nerves/anxiety than binge drinking..

:chin: