Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

ichichichi
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

24 Jun 2023, 3:26 pm

Hey! I feel lonely and my cat died recently so I joined here.

I have ASD Level 1 and ADHD and other things. I like all cats, most animals, enjoy drawing, funny things, walks in the nature, Japanese language. Don't like... too many things actually :')

I hope you won't mind me - probably, mostly, lurking about. Cheers! <3

Ps. Feel free to tell me about your cats, or something interesting that happened to you, or food.

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2023, 7:09 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet.

One time I had a very interesting cat. It was a Maine Coon. It was a very gentle cat and was fearless, totally fearless. It had 6 claws on each foot, both the front and back ones. They call them a Polydactyl Maine Coon.

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2023, 7:28 pm

(a) Welcome to WP!

(b) I am very sorry to hear about your cat.

When I met my future bride she had two cats. When we married and she moved in with me, obviously so did the cats. One of the cats became my girlfriend! She couldn't keep he paws off of me.

My bride's feelings were hurt by the betrayal but, hey, the cat kept her on as "staff".

Both cats have since died. I miss my furry little girlfriend

My bride and I agree that one of the cats had good taste in people. We disagree about which cat, though.

ichichichi
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

25 Jun 2023, 3:28 am

jimmy m wrote:
Welcome to Wrong Planet.

One time I had a very interesting cat. It was a Maine Coon. It was a very gentle cat and was fearless, totally fearless. It had 6 claws on each foot, both the front and back ones. They call them a Polydactyl Maine Coon.

Maine Coons seem to be such amazing cats. How was it fearless? Do you have any stories? When I hear that, combined with the fact that it was a Polydactyl Maine Coon, I think of it being super acrobatic.

Double Retired wrote:
(a) Welcome to WP!

(b) I am very sorry to hear about your cat.

When I met my future bride she had two cats. When we married and she moved in with me, obviously so did the cats. One of the cats became my girlfriend! She couldn't keep he paws off of me.

My bride's feelings were hurt by the betrayal but, hey, the cat kept her on as "staff".

Both cats have since died. I miss my furry little girlfriend

My bride and I agree that one of the cats had good taste in people. We disagree about which cat, though.

I know how this happens with cats very well! This cat, that I lost recently, preferred any other decent-looking male to his main caregivers, me and my sister (at different stages of his life). When my sister got married, her husband became his favorite human. But he was always a bit of an ass so it didn't hurt me that much :lol: He was the smartest cat I've ever known, though, and we never had a dull moment with him.

But you know there isn't only one type of "good"! I believe both your cats probably had good taste in people!

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2023, 3:58 pm

Welcome to WP!

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2023, 6:08 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet! :)

Winters Gate
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2023, 1:50 am

welcome

ichichichi
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

26 Jun 2023, 12:54 pm

Thank you all!

BlueNeko
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

30 Jun 2023, 12:57 am

Hello! I also love cats and the Japanese language. I am sorry to hear you lost your cat. My cat is getting older now too but hopefully has a few years left. She use to be so hyper that she would run across the walls. Her name is Pepper. She is a Manx.
I enjoy nature walks too, and recently I have had fun mushroom hunting.
One day I want to visit Japan and swim in the hot springs. What kind of art work do you like?

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2023, 1:25 am

My cat doesn't eat. Every time I ask her if she's hungry she says she's stuffed. :nerdy:

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2023, 1:54 am

I lost a cat not too long ago as well, wasn't really my cat specifically it was a cat my brother adopted but was more a family cat rather than just his cat. But it was a very cute tail-less cat and a mean potentially stray cat got into a fight with her and killed her(weird as usually cats don't fight that far but that cat did). LIke I still get tearful at times thinking about like memories with her and then remembering I'll never see that cat again. and like I said she wasn't even my cat specifically but I loved her and still have not totally gotten over it I still dream about her and wake up sad and missing her.

Worst part is I was planning to go down that weekend and visit my brothers and mom and the cats, and before that weekend my brother called me to tell me what happened, so instead of seeing the cat I instead headed down that weekend to idk honor the cat we sat by where my brother buried her and kind of reminisced about her and I bought us each a bottle of mead for the sad occasion. And we talked of how she is likely in Valhalla now(I don't really believe but it was nice to think of it that way) I suppose. Burying the cat and having mead was the closest we could get to a viking funeral, probably would have been illegal and socially unacceptable to send a flaming raft pyre with her body on it down the stream that ran through the park.

But she was the cutest tail-less cat ever, and she'd get mad jealous if you acknowledged the other cats before her. But she'd be hiding somewhere and the other cats at my moms house immeaditly want attentionand to get pets and don't hide so its only natural I'd acknowledge them first. so then after a bit she'd just sneak up behind me to give a sudden loud meow so I'd pay attention to her after she walked around acting like she wanted nothing to do with me for at least a half hour because I petted one of the other cats before her. She got along fine with the other cats but still got mad if they got attention before her.

And as a kid I had a cat I named peter pan, and he was a good cat though he was rather attacky sometimes like I certainly got more than one bloodied leg from when he decided to pounce with full power and dig his teeth and nails into my leg. it was not that often but at times he'd get like a crazy wild streak and full power pounce on my leg. BUt one time when me and my family lived in Montana we'd go for walks on a trail that started sorta behind our house and the cat would follow us a lot of times....well one time we got rather lost, and the cat kept like trying to get my attention and trying to go a different way than we were walking and he just kept doing it like he wanted to show me something. So idk how but I convinced my family that the cat was trying to lead us back they were skeptical but we'd been trying to figure out the way back for at least an hour already...so they humored it at least and sure enough the cat led us back. I think the cat was was getting impatient and irritated we were talking so long to get back home and probably thought we were stupid cats for not remembering the way back.

softlyspeaks41
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

12 Jul 2023, 9:57 pm

Hello . I'm so sorry to hear about your kitty. I have an affinity for animals too.

ichichichi
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

03 Aug 2023, 8:34 am

Thanks everyone for your lovely replies, I got overwhelmed with life and couldn't really get back for a while - I'm sorry.

@BlueNeko, hi! My cat was super hyper as a kitten, too and he still was even his older years. He was also the smartest cat I've every known. He unfortunately always had health issues from the moment we adopted him from a veterinary clinic till he died in not-much-an-old age of 11. He lived with my family after I left home so I was really sad that I couldn't have seen him before he died. Now my family adopted a new kitten. He is also unbelievably hyper and very cute.

I have another cat who lives with me and is about 8 years old. She is a rescue cat, so I don't know her age for sure. She is a sturdy cat with no health issues so I hope she will live a long life. I love her so much I can't imagine not having her in my life, she makes everything in life better. All my cats have been different flavors of regular short-haired European tabby.

I really like your cat's name. My girl's name in English would be Lentil.

I love that you do mushroom hunting. I'd always wanted to try that and finally got to do it the last year. Got to make tons of yummy food with the mushrooms I collected to put in the freezer to have easy meals for later, pickle some of them and dry some of them. I'm definitely going this year, too, when the fall comes.

Visiting Japan one day and go to an onsen is one of my biggest dreams, too! I also want to visit Hokkaido and the cat island Aoshima. But I'm bad when it comes to travelling and can't really afford it anyway so I'm not sure I'll ever get to do that.

I like visual arts, when it's not very abstract. Things that are exaggerated, colorful and in some way "funny". Mostly in the realm of animation (anime included), manga and non-super hero comics, illustration and paintings with some comedic value. I collect children's books that have beautiful art in them. I'm actually educated as an animator but I work as a professional illustrator. What kind of art do you like?

Hi, @Sweetleaf! As I wrote in my previous response, my cat was also kind of like my family's cat. He lived with me for a while, too but he lived most of his life in my family's house. I'm very sad that your cat was killed by one of its own kind. That is quite rare, that cat must have some issues. I can relate to your feelings of feeling tearful thinking about the fact that you are not going to see your cat again. That is very distressing for me, too.

On top of that, I was going back home in a week, too, the time I learned about his passing. I like that you had a viking send off. I don't necessarily believe in these things myself, either, but I think it is a beautiful gesture to celebrate the life it lived.

I really like the story about how your cat Peter Pan led you home. I would trust the cat in an instant, they always seem to know what they are doing when it comes to finding their way back home! It's adorable how he got impatient with you, that is such a funny image. My cat was a bit moody and so smart, too, and most of the time he made us feel like we were being toyed with by him :D