Sometimes I think I need someone to save me.

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

KeepWaiting
Raven
Raven

09 Jul 2023, 3:20 am

Someone to come into my life and make me feel safe. To tell me what I could be doing differently, and to tell me if I’m doing some things right. Like “Okay, I got ya.”

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2023, 6:10 pm

I think you have done at least one thing right: You found your way to Wrong Planet.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2023, 6:35 pm

KeepWaiting wrote:
Someone to come into my life and make me feel safe. To tell me what I could be doing differently, and to tell me if I’m doing some things right. Like “Okay, I got ya.”
Someone like . . . a MOM?

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

bee33
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2023, 7:38 pm

I want that too. Doesn't (almost) everyone? Isn't that why humans tend to seek out a life partner?

Although for the telling you if you're doing things right or could be doing better part, you could hire a professional, like a therapist.

KeepWaiting
Raven
Raven

09 Jul 2023, 8:30 pm

I lost my mom many years ago. It still hurts. Maybe that’s why I feel this way. I’ve thought about seeing a therapist. That might be helpful.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2023, 8:37 pm

I lost my mom almost two years ago.  Getting back into my normal routine (work-home-family-church-friends) kept the grief from overwhelming my sanity.  Still hurts, but I can smile and carry on, same as before.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2023, 8:40 pm

Therapy might be a good idea.

Relationships work best when both people are whole, healthy, and complete. Wanting someone else to save us can lead to unhealthy or abusive situations. Been there, done that.

KeepWaiting
Raven
Raven

09 Jul 2023, 8:53 pm

That kind of relationship is not what I had in mind. I would like some sort of mentor. Someone who sees me struggling and trying and wants to help.

KeepWaiting
Raven
Raven

10 Jul 2023, 5:03 am

I came across something called Mantorship on Instagram (Mantorshipofficial). It’s not really what I’m thinking about but it’s a program for guys to get together and discuss wellness. I don’t know if Mantorship is for me, but it seems good for some men.

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2023, 1:50 pm

KeepWaiting wrote:
I lost my mom many years ago. It still hurts. Maybe that’s why I feel this way. I’ve thought about seeing a therapist. That might be helpful.
My Mom died too-young due to cancer in 1986 and it hurt me for about ten years, after which I just missed her. (Um...about ten years after Mom's death is when I met my bride...it is quite possible that finding her was part of why I was finally able to move past the pain from my Mom's death.)

My Dad died last year somewhat predictably due to age and heart problems; I still think of conversations I'd like to have with him.