Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

graf
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

09 Jul 2023, 5:08 pm

Hello all

I'm Ollie or graf, call me whatever you prefer.

I've been struggling with many of the major symptoms of ASP for a good thirty years, though I'm yet to be officially diagnosed. Hopefully this month this will change as I'm planning to speak to a professional about my issues, sensitivity to noise, uneasiness in crowds, general lack of interest in social... anything really.

I've been lurking around here for a few weeks, looking into some other sources around the internet for a couple months, but I've had the "gut feeling" that I'm in the spectrum for a long while. I thought I'd just easily handle myself just "knowing" and then reacting accordingly to whatever happens but that changed after a couple of particularly stressful weeks destabilised my temperament and I blew the lid at my mother a couple of days ago, she was quiet upset and that further made me upset. I've apologised and it's all good now, but I see now that I should seek some professional help to better cope with whatever stressful situations arise in the future, especially since normally I'm a very agreeable person.

Aside from assistance from psychologists I thought that I'd join this forum since I've connected with a lot of what is written here, far more than with any other person that I know personally, so here I am, glad to be around so many people who share so many of my traits.

See you around.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2023, 5:27 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet! :)

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2023, 6:12 pm

And we're glad you're here. Welcome to WP!

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2023, 9:29 am

Welcome to WP!

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2023, 11:34 am

graf wrote:
I've been struggling with many of the major symptoms of ASP for a good thirty years, though I'm yet to be officially diagnosed. Hopefully this month this will change as I'm planning to speak to a professional about my issues, sensitivity to noise, uneasiness in crowds, general lack of interest in social... anything really.

Hopefully the professional you'll be speaking to will be one who is knowledgeable about adult autism -- which many psychotherapists and psychiatrists are not.

Anyhow, welcome to Wrong Planet.

Winters Gate
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2023, 12:16 pm

hello and welcome

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2023, 2:14 pm

Welcome to the site and I wish you success in finding out yourself and better equip yourself to living the rest of your life in peace rather then torment.

autisticelders
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2023, 5:19 am

welcome graf, hope you find what you need!

"Curiosity is one of the permanent and certain characteristics of a vigorous intellect.” Samuel Johnson