Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

robertt18
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

16 Jul 2023, 2:26 pm

My name is Robert Tate. I am a 19 year old college student who was diagnosed with ADD, mild Asperger’s, and a Global Developmental Delay at age 3. Much like all of you reading this, I too have my share of shortcomings; my thought process and problem solving skills are rather unorthodox (short, sweet, to the point), I have a hypersensitivity issue (sounds and textures), I am academically ahead while socially behind, I often take this literally (good for comedy), and I struggle with eye contact and independence. My special interests include music, art, horses, golf, bowling, and rubber-hose cartoons. I am altruistic and traditionalist. I live in Lake Alfred, FL with my family. My mother is a 4-H leader, horsewoman, and equestrian, my father is a HVACR at Walt Disney World’s Pop Century and Art of Animation Resort, and my grandmother was a special ed teacher. My great grandparent’s families were one of the founders of Lake Alfred. Plus, I am part Welsh, part Swedish, part German, and approximately 40% Irish (lucky, green eyes, burnable skin and love for shepherds pie). In addition, after some genealogical research, I found that I’m related to William the Conqueror, Sheriff of Nottingham, George Washington, both John Adams and John Quincy Adams, Sir Issac Newton, Walt Disney, and unfortunately Richard Nixon. When I found out I was related to Walt Disney, I was excited because not only did I want to be an animator like him, I realized I was related to my role-model! I am also a member of Pure Country 4-H and have made numerous projects to enter, a bass in my high school choir, and I played golf my senior year. During that same time, I had received my service dog. His name is Mike and he’s a german shepherd with a touch of Slovakian wolf dog, hence the mane. He was born in the U.S. and his parents were imported from Slovakia. Also, Mike is a 100 lb marshmallow; any fireworks, thunder, gunshots, ZOOM! He goes and hides. Lastly, I’m a Libra, I have an IQ of 128, and my favorite color is green.
I look forward to meeting you all on Wrong Planet.

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2023, 2:54 pm

Welcome to WP!

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2023, 4:23 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet! :)

autisticelders
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2023, 4:31 pm

Welcome! glad you are with us. :)

"Curiosity is one of the permanent and certain characteristics of a vigorous intellect.” Samuel Johnson

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2023, 12:52 pm

Welcome to the site. That was sure a well written and long introduction. You are home here. Please feel free to join in on any discussions. You do have an impressive heritage. And realize that Richard Nixson was not as bad as he was made out to be.