I give up with recruitment agencies!

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Lost_dragon
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2023, 9:39 am

Ugh. I'm annoyed now. So, I applied to a job through an agency. Several days later, I get an email telling me that I have a phone interview TODAY with absolutely no notice whatsoever. This email tells me at 2PM that I have an interview at 2:05 PM. I miss this information because I'm elsewhere. So I miss the call. I phone them back, asking to reschedule - only to be told "Oh, that? Yeah it's not an actual interview, it's just because in order to schedule a conversation, we have to send an email template calling it an interview, but it's not. Oh, by the way, the job you applied to has already been filled. It's not for that. We just wanted to know a little more information about the types of roles you're interested in".

What a waste of time. Admittedly I complained a little that their system was nonsensical. He agreed. I didn't blame the worker since I know a fair amount about working in a job with stupid systems in place that you have to follow despite being inefficient. Still, what a way to get someone's hopes up only to crush them. :|

:wall:

GeekyFreak
Raven
Raven

30 Jul 2023, 10:09 pm

What on Earth? That seems so counterproductive!

Aspiewordsmith
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2023, 8:01 am

In 1986 I applied for a job as a lab technician or something similar. I was told by the agency the job had been filled. I just left it at that. I had a phone call later from them saying they had work available which was nothing to do with the position loading lorries with sweets from the Mars firm in Slough and along with that a very toxic environment in which the ND person ie myself would be bullied and excluded. I ended up walking off that place and getting the train home. I did give that a good 6 months. A couple of years later the very same employment agency was raided by the police and closed down. That showed me that the job that I applied for didn't exist and that to me was bare faced lying possibly fraud. However the employment agency has been gone for a long time. It wouldn't surprise me if some employment agencies are involved in human trafficking or exploitation of unemployed people desperate for work. :idea:

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2023, 4:53 pm

Recruitment agencies are known to generally be of poor standard. People tend to use them if they are desperate for a job, so this is no surprise.

Rainbow_Belle
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

06 Aug 2023, 4:30 am

Recruitment agencies are annoying and can be a waste of time.