Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2023, 2:45 pm

Usually, after breakfast, I take a bowel movement right afterward, in my house.

Then, when I get to work, I take another bowel movement.

Then start work. Then eat lunch.

Sometimes, it takes three bowel movements between breakfast and lunch. And usually, bowel movements do not feel complete anyways.

That is so inconvenient, b/c I take public transportation between home and work. It takes about 90 minutes. Some train stations have bathrooms. Bathrooms sometimes out of order. The bathroom at my work is often out of order. The hand dryer is too loud and has given me headaches. Three toilets and two urinals are not enough for all the precious lil "people" in the building. The bathroom is frequently gross. The janitor often takes over the bathroom, for a long amount of time. In that parking lot, is McDonalds and 24 hour Fitness only. There is no other bathroom available. Public urination and defecation are illegal (indecent exposure, public urination, littering). There are videocameras that could "catch" me if I urinated/defecated in the parking lot. Defecating often takes a long time, 15-30 minutes, anyways. There are plenty of suspicious looking characters (customers, homeless, day laborers, and employees) lurking around, and I am afraid that if they see me urinating/defecating in the parking lot, they will overreact. (It is also correct, that I have seen some people urinating/defecating in the parking lot, and I did not react.)

Been taken Glycolax, by prescription, since March 2023. It seems to make bowel movements take less effort, but I think that that is because the winter temperature is colder and exacerbates constipation.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

27 Jul 2023, 6:20 pm

You post about bowl problems a bit. I'm sure it must be very difficult & frustrating to deal with. Did the docs give you any diagnoses about what's wrong or some ideas about what's causing the problem? If you seen a few docs about this who are kinda clueless about what could be done to improve things, I'll suggest asking them about getting a colostomy. It will not solve or treat the real problem but at least you wouldn't have to worry about staying in the bathroom for a long period of time.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2023, 4:41 am

I've recently found that drinking a glass of lactose free milk helps my bowel. Not that I was having a bowel movement as frequently as the op but I felt there was some kind of irritation in my intestine.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2023, 11:40 am

babybird wrote:
I've recently found that drinking a glass of lactose free milk helps my bowel. Not that I was having a bowel movement as frequently as the op but I felt there was some kind of irritation in my intestine.

Been drinking soy milk for a long time and it doesn't seem to have an impact

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2023, 11:43 am

Have you ever had endoscopy or colonoscopy?