Page 1 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Bondkatten
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2023, 12:13 pm

Hi! I am not really new but I have not been here for years. I turned 40 this year and I live in Sweden. I love my cats ( and other cats ). Another great love are corvids, I love their beauty, intelligence and playfulness. This year has not been great and it keeps getting worse. It has made me think more about my past and also my diagnosis. I believe I was 17 when I got it and I had great difficulties accepting it. Things were different back then. I enjoy talking to people from different countries and learning a bit about different cultures. I think that it is nice to learn new things. I like painting /drawing, but it has always been a sporadic hobby, but I have never lost interest in it. I am terrible at making friends IRL, always easier online. I am not sure why I have returned, maybe seeking some self acceptance and understanding. If nothing else I can practice my English...So hello :)

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2023, 12:13 pm

Welcome back to WP!

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Bondkatten
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2023, 12:19 pm

Tim_Tex wrote:
Welcome back to WP!

Thank you! Glad to be back! :)

delvian
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2023, 12:39 pm

Welcome back!

Personally I find connecting with other people on the spectrum can be extremely validating...it can be very lonely and stressful trying to navigate the neurotypical world alone. I value my autistic friends more than anything. I hope you can find something similar here, or whatever you feel might be appropriate for yourself.

Bondkatten
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2023, 1:06 pm

delvian wrote:
Welcome back!

Personally I find connecting with other people on the spectrum can be extremely validating...it can be very lonely and stressful trying to navigate the neurotypical world alone. I value my autistic friends more than anything. I hope you can find something similar here, or whatever you feel might be appropriate for yourself.

Thank you! For the welcome and for sharing your experience. I look forward to learning more about myself here.

autisticelders
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2023, 3:07 pm

yes, here we don't feel as alone. Many others will understand and can give insights, advice, comfort, input. Glad you are with us. ( I love cats, horses, corvids and turtles, and love to draw too)

"Curiosity is one of the permanent and certain characteristics of a vigorous intellect.” Samuel Johnson

Bondkatten
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2023, 3:11 pm

autisticelders wrote:
yes, here we don't feel as alone. Many others will understand and can give insights, advice, comfort, input. Glad you are with us. ( I love cats, horses, corvids and turtles, and love to draw too)

Thank you! I am glad that there are others here that share my love for cats and corvids!

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2023, 3:56 pm

Welcome! Glad you are here.

And I am also a cat person. Of course, that seems wise...cats appear to believe they are the superior beings and it seems wise to treat them accordingly, since they are very likely right!

Bondkatten
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2023, 12:12 am

Double Retired wrote:
Welcome! Glad you are here.

And I am also a cat person. Of course, that seems wise...cats appear to believe they are the superior beings and it seems wise to treat them accordingly, since they are very likely right!

Thank you for the welcome! Maybe they have a genetic memory of being worshipped in ancient Egypt so that explains a lot... ;)

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2023, 3:42 pm

Welcome back to Wrong Planet! :)

Bondkatten
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2023, 1:18 am

AnonymousAnonymous wrote:
Welcome back to Wrong Planet! :)

Thank you! :)

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2023, 11:43 am

Welcome back to Wrong Planet. You talked about your love of corvids. I didn't know what that was so I looked it up. A corvid is any of the stout-billed passerine birds in the family Corvidae. Yes it has been a littly difficult during the past couple years when COVID struck and people just seemed to go crazy.

Bondkatten
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2023, 12:09 pm

jimmy m wrote:
Welcome back to Wrong Planet. You talked about your love of corvids. I didn't know what that was so I looked it up. A corvid is any of the stout-billed passerine birds in the family Corvidae. Yes it has been a littly difficult during the past couple years when COVID struck and people just seemed to go crazy.

Thank you for the welcome! Yes I love the birds from the corvidae family, my favourite is the rook ( Corvus frugilegus). They are very misunderstood birds. For so long they have been maligned, but fortunately more people are discovering their intelligence and how fantastic they are!

Pagliaccio
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

31 Jul 2023, 5:23 am

Hi! Another fan of cats and corvids here, but owls too.

My favourite corvid is Corvus corax, the Raven. I see a lot of the cheeky fellas round here. One in particular sits atop a pine tree, the tallest in the vicinity. My wife calls him 'The General'.

They remind me of Huginn and Muninn, and in that respect they have a particular significance to being autistic.

Huginn and Muninn
fljúga hverjan dag
jörmungrund yfir.
óumz ek of Hugin
at hann aptr né komit,
þó sjámk meirr um Munin.

Bondkatten
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2023, 5:45 am

Pagliaccio wrote:
Hi! Another fan of cats and corvids here, but owls too.

My favourite corvid is Corvus corax, the Raven. I see a lot of the cheeky fellas round here. One in particular sits atop a pine tree, the tallest in the vicinity. My wife calls him 'The General'.

They remind me of Huginn and Muninn, and in that respect they have a particular significance to being autistic.

Huginn and Muninn
fljúga hverjan dag
jörmungrund yfir.
óumz ek of Hugin
at hann aptr né komit,
þó sjámk meirr um Munin.

Hi! I had not read that part before, thank you for sharing it! Ravens are lovely creatures, so big compared to the other corvids but so unbelievably acrobatic in the air! Their voices sound ancient and it brings me peace when I can hear them, often early in the morning. Btw I like the name " The General". I can imagine him in his tree. :)

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2023, 5:53 am

We used to have a jackdaw in the house for a while when I was a child, as he hurt his wing after being grabbed by a cat, and he came to us for help. He got better and he would visit every day! Then he found a wife and had little ones in a nest on a chimney of a house opposite, so as he was busy we did not see him so much. Before that we would call him and he would come!
Then one day about a year or two later he came back to us, as he was not well. He had caught pnemonia. We put him in the little porch where he stayed before, which he liked,but sadly a few days later he died. :(