Why didn't I take a career in sports or business ?

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

chris1989
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2023, 9:19 pm

I'm saying this even though a part of me isn't really interested in it. I used to enjoy playing sports at school such as basketball, football, trampolining, swimming etc but didn't seem very interested in it to do as a hobby or career. I did business studies in sixth form but found it quite boring. Sometimes I'll see some of these famous footballers, fomula 1 drivers, marathon runners etc and sometimes to think those careers make it more likely to achieve a better sense of accomplishment in life as a career and therefore I wouldn't be a situation right now feeling like I haven't a career or accomplished anything yet. I even see that in some other professions like carpentry or joinery (which my dad does and did an apprenticeship in) but again I showed very little interest in wanting to follow my dad's field of work.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2023, 10:05 pm

chris1989 wrote:
Why didn't I take a career in sports or business? . . . I showed very little interest in wanting to follow my dad's field of work.
You seem to have (at least partially) answered your own question already.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

rse92
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2023, 11:06 am

I do not know what your present career is but it seems to be a good fit for you.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2023, 12:47 pm

Your post does not contain enough information to answer the question in the title.

If you do not know why you did not take a career in sports or business, strangers on the internet also do not know.

There could be a lot of different reasons. The reason might be subconscious.

Some business people and some professional athletes, are more successful and some are less successful. that is true, in any industry.

Not everyone has the same potential, interests, skills, or situation. The best career for one person is not the best career for someone else.

In any event, it is physically impossible to change the past anyways. Thus, it does not matter why you did not take a career in sports or business.

You might be able to make a career change right now. Although some jobs are harder or impossible to get into, when you are older, than when you are younger.

You could look up Internet forums, from the professions that you want to work in, and ask questions, and see what it takes to be successful in that vocational field.