Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2023, 5:34 pm

How often and under what circumstances do you look at someone's social media pages, ie FaceBook?

classmates from a long time ago?

How do you feel when looking at the FaceBook of someone that you used to interact with, that appears successful?

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2023, 5:36 pm

I used to look at it all of the time, but about a year ago I deleted my account.

I think it can promote mental illness in already mentally ill people. Seeing other people living out their seemingly perfect lives (which are obviously curated, but still), is a strain.

Also, most people who are on a persons friends list aren't really friends. Most people only have a few real friends.

It's a bunch of fakery.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2023, 8:24 pm

I might look someone up about once a year.

Usually their settings prevent me from seeing their posts.

I'm just curious to see what people look like now.

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2023, 7:14 am

I try not to look at Facebook for that reason, rather, I mainly go on there for special interest groups. Otherwise I start feeling envious of them.

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2023, 10:45 pm

shortfatbalduglyman wrote:
How often and under what circumstances do you look at someone's social media pages, ie FaceBook?

classmates from a long time ago?

How do you feel when looking at the FaceBook of someone that you used to interact with, that appears successful?

I just try to remember that they are likely in lots of debt and have a lot lower net worth than it would appear.I just remember that you have to live like nobody else so you can later live like nobody else.