Page 2 of 2 [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Aspiegaming
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2023, 11:12 pm

Having a Steam Deck has been very convenient for me. I have access to all my PC games whenever I'm away from home. I take it with me when I go to a family member's house for a party, or when I hang out with my step cousin at his house, and next week, I'm packing up to go on vacation in Tennessee for several days.

If my darkness or eccentricness offends you, I don't really care.

I will not apologize for being me.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2023, 3:56 pm

Aspiegaming wrote:
With warpath companies like Nintendo are taking against emulation, I lost interest in it. They're going after the distributers now, but I wonder how long before they go after the consumers.

I doubt they'd risk the backlash they'd receive over going after customers. Imagine the scale of the leaks they'd face within days of making such a move.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2023, 3:58 pm

SabbraCadabra wrote:
I bought a PocketGo, and it came with tons of ROMs...had to delete them all, they weren't curated at all.
Replaced it all with my own collection.

That's probably pretty common. There's loads of games I don't need, but I do need a half-dozen varieties of NHL 95. :lol:

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2023, 4:32 pm

Aspiegaming wrote:
Having a Steam Deck has been very convenient for me. I have access to all my PC games whenever I'm away from home. I take it with me when I go to a family member's house for a party, or when I hang out with my step cousin at his house, and next week, I'm packing up to go on vacation in Tennessee for several days.

The Steam Deck is something I would consider out of the three previously mentioned (Nintendo Switch/Playstation Portal/Steam Deck).

Garthilium
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

12 Sep 2023, 5:25 pm

I'd probably go for a steam deck since don't need to rebuy all my games on steam.

Aspiegaming
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2023, 4:33 pm

I'm bumping this up because this device is sold out everywhere. Let me remind you that this device has so many tethers to your PS5 and your Internet connection. It is NOT compatible with public Wi-Fi.

So what's the point in getting it? It's useless if you're on the go.

PerfectlyDarkTails
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2023, 3:49 pm

Far as i know this is just a screen to play ps5 games on a handheld.

AS 168/200, NT: 20/ 200, AQ=45 EQ=15, SQ=78, IQ=135

Aspiegaming
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2023, 4:39 pm

PerfectlyDarkTails wrote:
Far as i know this is just a screen to play ps5 games on a handheld.

But the damn thing is tethered to your PS5. You can't play it without it. It doesn't stand on its own as a separate system. It's nothing like the Switch which can function as a handheld when not docked to play on the TV.

My Steam Deck still allows me to play it even when I'm far, far away from my computer and my computer is turned off. When I'm not logged into Steam on my PC, The Steam Deck logs me in when I turn it on.