Page 2 of 2 [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2023, 11:04 pm

Nootropics ,to help with masking , phenylperacetam....and the. mushroom types ..etc. little research will go along ways. 8O :ninja:

where ever you go ,there you are

pathfinder1
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

28 Aug 2023, 1:05 pm

swrider wrote:
You don't need to drop the whole mask all at once. Pick little things you can experiment with.

Sounds like you have a good relationship with your family, they don't understand but they sound like they care.

Id chalk that up as a win. Have you tried writing down things that you are grateful for or that make you happy?

Small changes can help have big effects, a slight change of focus can really help to get through tough times.

That's what I'll be doing from now on, dropping the mask slowly. That's what I need so desperately.

swrider
Raven
Raven

29 Aug 2023, 12:50 am

I wish you luck. Keep looking for the good and celebrate it when you see it. Let us know how things are going?

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2023, 4:06 am

Or change your major and go with more practical stuff and become a N.D. less stress and actually help people. :D

where ever you go ,there you are

pathfinder1
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

06 Sep 2023, 5:16 am

swrider wrote:
I wish you luck. Keep looking for the good and celebrate it when you see it. Let us know how things are going?

I've finally told my family that I don't want to be a doctor and I broke down and cried for the first time in like 7 years. We had some back and forth but the end result is that they are telling me to finish the school and get my diploma, even if I don't want to be a doctor.

At this point, its not about quitting medical school or not anymore. I just don't know what to do in this world. I don't know how I am going to live a life as an autistic. I still can't see a future for myself. I am also having an identity crisis right now as I'm trying to stop masking.

jillsurf12
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

13 Sep 2023, 10:17 am

You know, I'm very relatable to your post, it's very similar to me, because I'm too in this part of my life, but I quit the faculty because the class shut down for the lack of students, to short the story, the economy is downing for the choice for president in my country, I believe it's fraud and very many in my situation have to choose between work for study or the opposite, or believe it or not, the two. So, back in the subject, I'm studying for worfk and i recognize my privileges for having nothing to exchange, my life it is easier than most people here, but at the end of the dat, I'm autistic and that disturb my social life so much to the point that I have no friens not because I'm boring or have no self awareness but because I'm so conscious to know my position and the reactiosn of other people that nobody wants to give me any chance because they know I'm very honest, i'ts hard being hypochrite and false, it's against my nature, I get you.
I passed for depression too, I wish we could have some conversation and help each other because I still have relapses and sometimes I think why do I even try to look nice if people will never really like me for who I am?
I think I'll write my history in parts in this blogs because it's so much to tell, but just to clarify, I did nothing, I was for most of my life quiet and silent against all the abuse and violence that others showed me.

Hope our's lifes get better and our efforts show some rewards in the path we're passing.
I know it's nothing easy, but we have to fight for what we believe and for our hapiness.

Huckleberry Finn
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

14 Sep 2023, 7:56 pm

Hi .

Welcome .

I'm reading your thread now:

I recommend graduating in medicine, then you will have plenty of time to choose to do differently.

I'm writing this to you because I started studying a subject that I then gave up after some time, and I changed my choice several times.

So in the end I didn't accomplish anything.

Maybe you wrote about social phobia...

You know, I also thought I had social phobia.

I read books by Nardone who collaborated with Paul Watzlawick in Palo Alto.

Paul was a genius.

Fascinating.

An Asperger in a forum where many of us shared the same message wrote to me that I was like him.

He was so good at making me understand what I was.

Unfortunately I am diagnosed as an adult, so work on me is unlikely.

I don't respond to any therapy.

I have mention of it on two different doctors' certificates.

Here there are several autistic people who obtained the diagnosis very late.

p.s:-You wrote about suicide.

I understand .

When you are in crisis about something, write about it here.

From words we can move on to actions and I think we would all like for you to stay alive and be well.

ShamanQueen
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

15 Sep 2023, 1:07 am

Hello there it sounds like you could use a friend with a triggerwarning so here I am and welcome to the actual side. I hope you have a good time thank you..

jillsurf12
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

17 Sep 2023, 4:57 pm

ShamanQueen wrote:
Hello there it sounds like you could use a friend with a triggerwarning so here I am and welcome to the actual side. I hope you have a good time thank you..

Ahh ok, y'know, it's so hard to look string all the time, resilient, the classical calm and observer, but inside, I'm so insecure, I don't trust anyone because most times the people whom I talk gossip about me at my back, most girls envy me because I attract the boys, even if I don't even look at them.
I've cried for 3 full years before sleep at tiredness, I know that I need to go forward and focus but I'm lacking at mind control and I'm currently paranoiac because of my narcisist mom, I just want to disappear.
Thank you for your compassion and empathy, I value it, It's just an dark moment in my life that I'm struggling alone you know. Thank you :heart: