Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

TheEmptyShell
Butterfly
Butterfly

26 Aug 2023, 3:21 pm

All my friends have moved onto other places and phases in their lives. I go to a sports club, but theres nobody around my age to form relationships with. Nobody listens to my ideas either. I feel so alone, I don’t see a time where I am going to feel true happiness again. I am always tired and have low mood. Creating new relationships takes a lot of effort it seems, I have a narrow set of interests and I am struggling to find groups in my area with the same interests. The world is so different now compared to when I was a child. I have thoughts about life, death and why we even exist mostly everyday. They make me sad and I don’t want those thoughts anymore, but the news reminds me everyday of some celebrity dying. What do I do? Please help.

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2023, 8:50 pm

TheEmptyShell wrote:
All my friends have moved onto other places and phases in their lives. I go to a sports club, but theres nobody around my age to form relationships with.

What is your age (or general age group, if you don't feel like telling us your specific age)?

TheEmptyShell wrote:
Nobody listens to my ideas either. I feel so alone, I don’t see a time where I am going to feel true happiness again. I am always tired and have low mood. Creating new relationships takes a lot of effort it seems, I have a narrow set of interests

What are your interests?

TheEmptyShell wrote:
and I am struggling to find groups in my area with the same interests.

How are you going about looking for groups in your area?

Also, what general kind of area (e.g. urban, suburban, rural) do you live in?

Also, if you are open to the possibility of making friends here on Wrong Planet, I would suggest that you edit your profile to include (1) your location (don't be specific enough to endanger your privacy, but do include at least your country and, if it's a large country, your state/province/region and/or nearest major metro area, and (2) a signature line that mentions your interests.