13 years of hustle without earning a dime

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Highly_Autistic
Toucan
Toucan

26 Aug 2023, 4:46 pm

I'm into tech and programming since i was 12. Back then i made my first game for computer and started learning new stuff, coding and languages etc. After going to high school i got depressed and lost interest in everything. Went to a 2 year university about this. Now im gonna begin going to a second university, but it's sad i couldnt make any money out of my passion so far. Im kinda panicking that i'll die broke and all my goals of getting rich will fail. Life has no mercy.

Im done for today. Thanks for reading

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2023, 10:58 pm

Highly_Autistic wrote:
I'm into tech and programming since i was 12. Back then i made my first game for computer and started learning new stuff, coding and languages etc. After going to high school i got depressed and lost interest in everything. Went to a 2 year university about this. Now im gonna begin going to a second university, but it's sad i couldnt make any money out of my passion so far. Im kinda panicking that i'll die broke and all my goals of getting rich will fail. Life has no mercy.

Im done for today. Thanks for reading

I know how you feel.You dont need to have a super high paying job to wind up with lots of money.You could retire with millions of dollars if you invest in index funds and/or dividend kings.Just Google Warren Buffett Jack Bogle and Dave Ramsey to get a game plan.You dont need a lot of money to invest.It could just be a few dollars early on.There was once this guy named Earl Crawley who never made more than 20,000 a year and he retired with half a million in stock market through dividend stocks.It wont be easy though but you can get financial indepence if you start investing whatever you can and cut down on frivilous expenses and be really frugal.Just google Compound Interest and the Rule of 72.You are almost certain to be a millionaire or multi-millionaire by the time you are 70 to 80 if you follow through with this.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2023, 1:33 pm

Do you have an online portfolio to showcase your skills? If not, gotta make one. If so, show it to me.

If your ASD traits won't get you passed an in person interview, have you considered doing online freelance work? Programmers all over the world do stuff like this. Maybe not for the highest pay.. but it could pad out a resume when applying for higher paid work.

Portfolio/skillset: Actually show it to me. And I'm curious where in the world you are located - would be a small miracle if you were within driving distance of me; but not necessary. I have a few ideas for mobile friendly websites/apps that I'll likely never learn how to create myself. One idea in particular has greater potential than the others. For a programmer, I don't think it would be an overly complicated thing to create - although, there Could be some complex functionality that I know would take a team of people to custom make.. but I Also think it could be kept very simple with existing plugins and integration with existing software vs. fully custom made. Someone told me they think it could be made relatively simply with WordPress plugins but I dunno - maybe, maybe not. Maybe it could be banged out on a keyboard faster than I could do the administrative paperwork of registering a non-profit and opening various accounts, I have no idea. Anyways, if this piques your interest perhaps we should discuss it.. maybe my idea will become reality and it'd be your first tech dime in the bank. 8)

Plus if this simple idea works as well as I think it Could work, then whoever makes it will have something neat for their resume. Yes, I know everyone says that :roll: my app idea is gonna go viral!! My short film is going to win film festivals!! The exposure you'll get will be worth more than $$ blah blah blah we've all heard that BS countless times.. but, I'm actually serious. I believe this simple idea of mine IS something that will actually fly - just need someone to help give it wings.

In the wise words of Peter The (retired) Architect when I told him this idea: " 8O We need this!! ! :D "

For real, get in touch. I can't pay a big tech salary, but I don't expect anyone to work for free, either. If your skills are a match to my idea and the amount of time it'd take to create is within my budget to go from idea -> reality, perhaps we'll collaborate.