Share a fact about yourself that you WOULDN'T tell a date

Page 5 of 7 [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2023, 7:23 pm

My ex is a real psycho. I think he might've been involved in a cold case 20+ years ago.

GadgetGuru
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2023, 10:32 pm

I attended three Donald Trump rallies.

Darron

GadgetGuru
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2023, 10:37 pm

As a child, I once "shot" at a construction crew building a new house down the road from my grandmother's house in Weston, Connecticut.
I used a slingshot, with stones as projectiles, and hid behind an ancient stone wall like a Confederate sniper.

Darron

GadgetGuru
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2023, 10:43 pm

I have engaged in stalking behavior on multiple occasions, over the course of many decades.

Darron.

GadgetGuru
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2023, 10:53 pm

I was berated by my boss and a fellow salesman at Circuit City in Utica, New York in 2000 for holding my hands over my ears while they cranked up one of the display-model head units in the car audio department where we all worked.

Darron

Weight Of Memory
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

01 Sep 2023, 11:01 pm

blitzkrieg wrote:
I once went on a date with a vegan & ate an animal burger in front of her at McDonald's.

It seemed like it might upset her, but I don't like vegetables and never have, since being a kid.

What is a guy to do? :shrug:

I have (unintentionally) dated mostly vegetarians and they were always okay with me eating meat as long as I never gave them any flak for not eating meat. Which is a compromise I'm perfectly fine with.

Normally I consider veganism to be a dealbreaker because it's a lifestyle choice, not a dietary choice. I did make an exception to that once on a dating website because the woman was in my area and seemed really interesting. She never responded to my message.

Fnord wrote:
"I know where they buried the bodies."

Ideal response from date: "You know about the bodies?!" in a mock-shocked tone.

GadgetGuru wrote:
The thing is, there arereadily available, peaceful, non-messy, certain means, but no, I'm not going to advise about this. I sometimes think that people that use this excuse know damn well that there are easy ways out, but choose to remain blinkered about this, lest they be overly tempted?

Being an autistic perfectionist means identifying all the ways something like that could go wrong.

Hanging is the only thing that comes close, and it's tricky do get right by yourself.

One time in high school a classmate joking around put me in a really good chokehold. There was a slow fade to black - no pain, no sensation of not being able to breath, no urge to struggle. He released it just as I started to black out. That would be a great way to go. However, besides requiring assistance from someone who knows what they're doing, it's a matter of making sure they don't release the chokehold too soon and leave me clinically brain dead but not physically dead. And there are lots of ways to choke someone (or yourself) where it's not a peaceful and serene fading out but instead quite uncomfortable, like drowning.

GadgetGuru wrote:
Weight Of Memory wrote:
Even if I were to meet the woman of my dreams tomorrow I'm in my 40s. I have to live with the memories of all the time spent in loneliness, and probably only have about 20 years together instead of 50+.

You could have met the woman of your dreams when you were 18, then both been killed by a drunk driver six months later. Or you could meet a really cool chick tomorrow, and have a decent year with her, better than you might have had on your own.

Even your hypothetical 50+ year relationship may not be as rosy as you imagine. My parents have been married since before I was born, 55+ years, now, and although they still live together, and get along well enough, don't fool yourself into thinking that's paradise.

It's up to you to decide to rest great emphasis upon the measure of time spent with an unobtainable woman, rather than good quality time on your own, or with a few interesting women, before the flame sputters out.

I do indeed try to spend good quality time, usually on my own out of necessity. There are certain things I certainly want to do by myself (reading a book), but many other things I never want to do by myself (travel).

I don't think a forever relationship is going to be paradise. Simply that true companionship and comfort can only be obtained through one.

I'm not holding out for an unobtainable woman. I've tried for a fair number of reasonably attainable women in my life, but 99% of them are unavailable and/or uninterested. For example, many of the women I've been attracted to are quite happy to travel by themselves.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2023, 12:21 am

Weight Of Memory wrote:
IsabellaLinton wrote:
it nearly killed my daughter because of autoimmune issues. Same with hormonal IUDs.

People with autoimmune diseases probably shouldn't reproduce. Both because of the risk of passing the condition along, the risky of the disease harming the pregnancy, and the increased risk of the parent being physically unable to care for the child.

She's not allowed to have children. It would kill her. That's even more reason why she need(ed) birth control when she had a boyfriend, but she couldn't use any.

She dates women now so it's not an issue.

I don't have an autoimmune disorder but I couldn't do hormonal contraception either, because of a heart problem that has already given me two strokes.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2023, 2:22 am

I like trains

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2023, 2:28 am

The last time I saw Van Halen I pre-drank Bloody Marys from a thermos in the car because we were running late (uh, I wasn’t driving), and when we got to our seats I threw up all over the people in front of us during the first song. Security almost threw me out, understandably, but I convinced them I had a bit of a flu bug rather than being intoxicated. They gave me and the barfees free VH tshirts and moved me to a better seat in the private VIP section.

Whoops.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2023, 3:20 am

I wouldn't tell me date that I've only been to once concert and it was to see the Adelaide Symphony Orchestra.

GadgetGuru
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2023, 11:43 am

RetroGamer87 wrote:
I like trains

Darron

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2023, 11:46 am

I don't like moles on people's skin.

spasmolytic
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

05 Sep 2023, 4:21 pm

Trauma history. Been burned too many times by being open about my SA Hx.
My late partner knew nothing about it and I have no regrets in leaving him out of the loop on that.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2023, 4:32 pm

spasmolytic wrote:
Trauma history. Been burned too many times by being open about my SA Hx.
My late partner knew nothing about it and I have no regrets in leaving him out of the loop on that.

Hugs. :heart: ^

PS - Glad to see you again.

Here's four of my crew. The solid black one must have been casting spells elsewhere.

spasmolytic

05 Sep 2023, 4:39 pm

AAAASLKSKJDLAJ;FLD the one on the stool reminds me of Mrs Norris. Tell them I love them!!

Tell all of them I love them :lol: Sweetest babies :heart:

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2023, 4:41 pm

The one on the stool turns 20 in October!! :heart: 8O 8O

He's just a little old man, barely 5 or 6 pounds.