Show or describe an out of character photo or situation

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

GadgetGuru
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2023, 11:05 pm

I'm curious how and why others here have managed to overcome their nature in "dating" or similar social situations.

This one, for me, happened at Burning Man in 2011, during the night the "Man" burned, and I was tripping balls on psilocybin ("magic mushrooms").

My partner was also tripping, but was getting tired / burned out, and retired back to our camp. I wandered around on my own for a couple hours. At one point I spotted this tent in the distance, set up as a sort of open "lounge", with some couches and a carpet on the playa. I spotted this young woman in the tent, "holding court", it would seem, as she had a small crowd gathered around her. I was magnetically drawn to the tent, and as I approached, I was thinking "I would never, never do this if I wasn't high!".

I sat on the small couch shown here by myself for a while, watching the scene. I'm guessing that most, if not all present were chemically "altered" in one way or another, most commonly on either MDMA or shrooms. It was a very informal, peaceful, gentle communal group.

The woman here seemed to have a partner next to her on the other couch, another woman who appeared to be very "butch".
This one talked about being an "actress in Los Angeles", and was the focus of attention of all gathered around her. When the group started to thin out, she eventually made her way over to me. I was very nearly mute at the time, as I recall, so it was just a "close cuddle", with very few words. Another nearby burner had an instant film camera, and was the source of this photo. After seeing it, I asked for, and was given the photo.

She parted, saying something like "I have a feeling we'll meet again", and that was that.

The rest of my solo tour around Black Rock City was a strange and wonderful thing. Multiple women approached me, the first were a group of middle-aged women that sounded like Germans, in the tent where I found "my actress", as I was preparing to walk away. One of them approached and hugged me, then I made my way out into the center part of BRC, and slowly trudged along the dark, sparsely-populated portion of the playa there, and had a very small young woman approach me.

She simply asked "May I walk with you?", to which I assented, and we walked slowly and wordlessly for a long time, close side-by-side, then parted with a hug.

Afterwards, I was sitting on a windowsill in the still-to-be-burned "Temple", and had my face in my hands, to see if I was still having any closed-eye visualizations from the shrooms. A middle-aged woman saw me doing so, and apparently though I was really bummed out, so sat down next to me to ask if I was OK, then after learning I was doing fine, sat with me a while, then we hugged and parted.

This all may sound like "no big deal" to some, but represents by FAR the most human contact I've had with strangers in my whole life.

It is amazing just how much one's inhibitions can be lowered by certain chemical aids...

Darron

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2023, 11:37 pm

My entire life was out of character until 2020.

Where would I start? Maybe with me at gay bars, swingers' clubs, and buying male hookers for my boyfriends?

Maybe being such an idiot that I spent decades of my life in love with people who didn't love me or want sex?

It's all out of character for me. I'm not into ANY of that stuff in my relationships.

GadgetGuru
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2023, 4:27 am

It was interesting sort of reliving my Burning Man experience, the other day, here in North Florida.
I have been told of a very intriguing (and physically ultra rare) woman around my age who lives 6 doors down the street from my parents, in this 55+ gated community.
After some "Google Stalking", I found out a little more about her, and have been passing her house on my walks around the neighborhood. The first few days I was here, even though I decided that I'd REALLY like to talk to her, if she had happened to be outside as I passed, I had a hard time imagining that I'd be able to just walk up to her and initiate a conversation.
But on the first day that I was on an ADHD med (Vyvanse), I felt so much more calm, collected and focused as I walked by, and found myself easily imagining that an approach would be not only possible in that state of mind, but fun and unlikely to cause me any real stress, no matter which way it went.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

23 Nov 2023, 7:20 am

I think me simply wanting or being in a relationship would seem out of character to lots of people who knew me offline. I've always been a major loner who's anti-affection with everyone except my romantic partners. It's partly due to others not understanding or accepting me. That gets very lonely so I majorly wanted one person I could be myself with, be affectionate with, & spend lots of time with offline.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition