Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2023, 9:19 pm

What are your jobs?

What kind of expensive gifts and tips have you received?

What restrictions does the company have on which gifts you are allowed to accept?

One of my former aikido "instructors" posted on FaceBook that she held a seminar celebrating her 50th year in aikido. And that plenty of customers gave her gifts. According to FaceBook, she has plenty of "friends" and some of them earn a lot of $$$$$$. Also, despite Fair Labor Standards Act, for many years, plenty of her customers have been doing volunteer work. Even though it is illegal to volunteer for "for profit" companies.

I think that her accepting gifts and labor from customers, makes her biases unnecessarily large. Because when a customer that gave her $$$$$ gets into a conflict with a customer that did not give her gifts or labor, then she is going to take the side of whoever is financially benefitting her more.

When I worked as a Tax Preparer, the company explicitly said, no tips allowed. My current job as a Lot Attendant, no tips allowed.

Some public schoolteachers are restricted to getting only $5 gifts. Gifts to teachers and cops could be bribery.

What kind of preferential treatment or unjustified behavior, have you observed, as a result of an employee receiving gifts?