ThePerpetualLoner says Hi (and a bit of waffling)

Page 2 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2023, 3:05 pm

ThePerpetualLoner wrote:
@IsabellaLinton thank you :) I am very lucky haha ARFID stands for Avoidant Restrictive intake disorder. Ive been like it since a child, issues with textures or a food that i dont expect, and i have set routine with my food. I get really stressed if i have a bad texture and i wont be able to eat again till next meal, it sounds silly but i get quite physical reactions so its not purposeful at all.

I mentioned ARFID to my daughter as if it was a brand new discovery we could label. She said she's known about the term ARFID for about ten years, it's been applied to her, and she's even had counselling for it. Little did I know lol.

Thanks again.

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2023, 4:48 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet.

You wrote that you have ARFID. I looked it up. I have Asperger's Syndrome. I generally identify myself as an Aspie. Like you, I am a loner. I just plot a different coarse through life.

One of the interesting people that use to be on this site described why we are different. I found his description rather interesting. Around age 12, humans transition from childhood to adulthood. At that age many pieces inside the human being are collected and thrown into the trash heap. Then a child becomes an adult. But in my case and many others on the site, we never undergo this transition and the defects are not erased. They remain within us and we carry them on for the remainder of our lives. For example, I have a very severe form of vision blindness. It is almost like I only see two of the three main colors on a television screen. But I am not color blind. My mind just creates the missing color. So the colors that I see are different then the colors that everyone else sees. In a way, that seems like what you are describing about foods. Your body is just telling you that certain foods do not taste to your liking. Thus you lose weight and exist on little food or just a very select group of food choices.

I know the trend is to make everyone else like everyone else. But I have always lived my life as myself. I do not seek friends. One of two good friends will last a lifetime. But "being me" always leads me in the right direction through life.

ShamanQueen
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

15 Sep 2023, 1:56 am

Hey how are you :) welcome