Page 1 of 2 [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

chris1989
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2023, 2:07 pm

When I say Wild I mean having a lot to drink and partying like crazy. Maybe it's just me but when I have seen other people's photos on social media at their 18th, 21st, 30th etc they are seemingly always at a bar or a house party getting wasted, taking crazy selfies etc whereas my 18th, 21st and 30th birthdays were not all like that. At 18 and 21, we went to a Frankie and Benny's restaurant and drank responsibly with family and on my 30th we went out for the day to a zoo as I am animal lover and love to go to animal parks and places like that. I probably had a drink with dinner when we got back but again I didn't get drunk.

I really don't know why I seem to feel as though I "should" have had a big crazy party with lots of alcohol during those milestone birthdays otherwise it makes seem as though I've "wasted" the one life I have. I know it sounds ridiculous and people will say "celebrate your birthday how you want to celebrate it and not compare it to others." But it just still feels like I'm the only one who has had not had such a crazy wild birthday.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2023, 2:25 pm

Me neither. I'm so glad.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2023, 4:13 pm

I had a big party after completing my GCSE's in high school, way back when.

I was only 16 but got blind drunk, to the point I was crawling around my bedroom. I had friends sleep over and one of them vomited all over my bedroom floor.

My uncle was pouring measures of vodka which seemed like pure alcohol, with only a bit of mixer.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2023, 4:15 pm

My birthdays are normally low key, however.

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2023, 4:32 pm

I think the wildest birthday for me was my 30th but we went out and got liquor later. I had an 80’s party because I was born in 81. Though I didn’t get black out drunk, I had some drinks.

I also had a similar party 3 years later but we went out to a restaurants. I had one martini called “The Vampire’s kiss.”

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2023, 5:36 pm

I've never had a big party.
I used to just enjoy my brother's big parties and his friends (not birthday parties).

I couldn't tell you anything about any of my milestone birthdays.
I don't remember any of them.

Actually when I turned 30 my bf gave me a dildo to use on him.
I wasn't impressed.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2023, 5:38 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
I've never had a big party.
I used to just enjoy my brother's big parties and his friends (not birthday parties).

I couldn't tell you anything about any of my milestone birthdays.
I don't remember any of them.

Actually when I turned 30 my bf gave me a dildo to use on him.
I wasn't impressed.

^ This part made me lol.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2023, 5:45 pm

Actually when I turned 50 I got some special pictures at Brontë Parsonage.
Such a party animal I am.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2023, 6:02 pm

^ Ooh, get you.

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2023, 12:11 pm

I didn't have any wild parties for my 21st birthday because I didn't plan on any parties because I was a loner. However, I went to a few bars and connected with other people who bought drinks. You know what? I still had fun.

I really didn't start making friends until I joined some autism related support groups and I started having parties with them at 26.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2023, 3:21 am

Wild birthday? Who needs it. I'd rather take a walk on the mild side.

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2023, 4:12 am

The thing is, all these NT rites of passage and rituals they set up SEEM to be so brilliant.

But you can go through all of them and still end up alone, excluded and unwanted *points to self*. I've done a lot of their growing up rituals but it still left me as the unloved weirdo.

DuckHairback
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2023, 7:03 am

I just assume that NTs get something out of those big parties that I'm not getting.

I went to a couple when I was younger but I just felt even more isolated

For a start if there's background music then I can't understand anything anyone's saying so I can't talk to anyone.

And second I'm just looking at everyone wondering why they're acting so weird - I can't seem to be a part of whatever is happening, I'm always observing.

So no, never had a big birthday party and wouldn't want one.

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2023, 7:49 am

I don't drink anyway so I'm 'no fun' apparently.

Although I did go to a few wild-ish parties when young. The best ones were at university because we all knew each other and were safe with each other.

Happy days...long ago...The last party I had of any description i.e. a meal at a pub for my birthday, was in 2008. I haven't had a group of friends since then. It makes me sad.

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2023, 7:53 am

I didn't end up having a wild party for my 40th, rather, I stayed at a hotel and had two friends come over. We went to dinner, had snacks, and watched our baseball home team in the playoffs get into the World Series.

On my birthday, I went to our local aquarium which gives birthday people free passes. I also met up with some more friends and had dinner at an Italian restaurant instead.

As for wild parties that year, I went to the big city celebrations because our home team had just won the World Series. I grew up with two of them and so that was a big birthday present.

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2023, 10:03 am

I don't.

I don't even wanna spend anything over a party, bother with hosting one, setting it all up and pestering other people to come, whether they're willing or not...
Nevermind when others do it for you instead.

Let alone deal with hung overs, after party clean ups, and whatever consequences of impulsivity had done the day before.

And since I'm as vulnerable, I also don't wanna deal with empty spoons and potential short term burnouts that may last for a week or worse.

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.