Book discussions here or in the TV/movie forum?

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

spasmodichercules
Butterfly
Butterfly

21 Sep 2023, 3:39 pm

I just have a quick question, do discussions about books and reading go here or in the entertainment forum? Being the literal thinker I am, no board concretely says "books."

Blue_Star
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

21 Sep 2023, 5:10 pm

I'd say to discuss books here, rather than the TV one. Maybe, to discuss how a book differs from a movie, I'd put it there. Something about more single medium each with more imagination needed to expand in writing, art, & music. Vs TV, film, etc. which are more multimedia with both audio & visuals. Expanding the details with my mind vs having them feel more restricted (already laid out) by the director's view (looks & sounds) of it. My take on it anyway.

Last edited by Blue_Star on 21 Sep 2023, 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2023, 5:11 pm

spasmodichercules wrote:
I just have a quick question, do discussions about books and reading go here or in the entertainment forum? Being the literal thinker I am, no board concretely says "books."

Books are writings, no? :nerdy:

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2023, 1:38 am

I suspect if a book, say Pride And Prejudice And Zombies :lol: , or something biographical about writers or artists, like Kill Your Darlings, was made for the movies or TV, I could see the rationale for posting it here.