Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Murf
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

29 Sep 2023, 8:26 am

Hi just got a diagnosis which confirms what my family had told me for a long while , what a wonderful feeling to be able to put a handle on stuff for years . Retired last year after working for Dublin bus as a driver for thirty years ,how did I manage to keep it together for all that time , accident free driving for all those years . But a bad home life because of the effort to be able to do my job , anyway my wife and grown up girls 28/32 got it sussed a long time ago but I couldn’t get my head around the idea . So a very good feeling about me now and a amazing feeling and relazation of my personality over the last year’s are slowly coming back to me, why I didn’t want friends or to go out or being the no dad , it’s no excuse for my behaviour but it does explain a lot to me . So I’m glad I have a explanation at last . Thanks Niall Murphy skerries co Dublin Ireland n
I would love to hear your thoughts on this .

Last edited by magz on 29 Sep 2023, 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.: Personal information removed

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

29 Sep 2023, 12:21 pm

Hi!

WP offers private messages. For security reasons, we highly discourage publicly posting your email - of course, if you find friends here, you're welcome to exchange such information privately.

Have fun with us here :)

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2023, 2:33 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet! :)

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2023, 5:49 pm

Welcome to WP!

I believe you will find a number of us who also felt their diagnosis was enlightening. Including me.

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2023, 11:23 am

Welcome to Wrong Planet.

Yes that actually makes sense that you would be a good bus driver. When I learned how to drive a car around 58 years ago, I was a poor driver at the very beginning. But then I received a speeding ticket, and took a special class taught by police. It taught me all the rules. As a result of the class, I learned how to drive much better. As a result when I drove after that I concentrated only on driving. Everything else went into the trash can. My eyes focused only on all that was happening in front of me and every few seconds, I saw all that was happening behind me. I had a 360 degree knowledge of all vehicles around me. When I was driving in the woods, I let my window down while I drove so I could hear all the sounds. It was a little hard in the winter when it was cold and snowy, but I always had good visibility. Also I left the radio on so any little animals could hear me coming. (I only did this when I was in the country moving at slower speeds.) Even my sense of smell sometimes came into play and gave me information, such as car problems. As a result I never received a speeding ticket and avoided any accidents. I could see accidents before they happened and just avoided them.