Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2023, 8:21 pm

Apparently my county offers services to help people get work and can even help with funding to get like a certification to find better jobs. So, I think I will try and contact those services to see if maybe I could get some help to develop more skills and find a decent job.

I could probably do some sort of data entry related work, I think I'd like that since it could potentially mean working from home, though I will need a better computer.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2023, 8:23 pm

This sounds like a good plan, Sweetleaf, if you are willing & healthy enough to work.

GeekyFreak
Raven
Raven

30 Sep 2023, 8:52 am

If you can find remote work in data entry let us know. Every single one I've applied for since 2009 has been a scam.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2023, 12:20 am

GeekyFreak wrote:
If you can find remote work in data entry let us know. Every single one I've applied for since 2009 has been a scam.

That is the difficulty I run into, I feel like I could do well in a job like that but so many I click on are just scammy things, like last one I clicked on kept trying to trick me into downloading the sort of anti-virus software that are probably viruses themselves, luckily I knew better than to click on any of those. So that is why I figure if there is some state program to help find like legit opportunities rather than scams it may be worth a try.

That being said I just applied for a job at best buy, so also I suppose I will see if I hear back from them, I do like electronics and can certainly talk a persons ear off about them(my boyfriends poor ear), so maybe I could translate that into helping sell things to customers.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2023, 6:05 am

Sweetleaf wrote:
GeekyFreak wrote:

That is the difficulty I run into, I feel like I could do well in a job like that but so many I click on are just scammy things, like last one I clicked on kept trying to trick me into downloading the sort of anti-virus software that are probably viruses themselves, luckily I knew better than to click on any of those. So that is why I figure if there is some state program to help find like legit opportunities rather than scams it may be worth a try.

That being said I just applied for a job at best buy, so also I suppose I will see if I hear back from them, I do like electronics and can certainly talk a persons ear off about them(my boyfriends poor ear), so maybe I could translate that into helping sell things to customers.

Data entry is harder to get into than is retail, in my experience. Retail jobs are a last ditch attempt at employment for many, whilst data entry can be desirable for people who want to sit rather than be physically active all of the time in their job.

david_tay
Butterfly
Butterfly

12 Oct 2023, 1:53 am

That's so great plan. I think you just find your niche where you are good at so that you will know your strength during the interviews and yes, having a good PC really helps because of the company requires a good PC. I hope you get your job!

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2023, 8:02 am

My manager really wanted me in the office so I could take phone calls, even though I had three computers and worked far more efficiently from home than at work with just one. I could look at stuff on our web site just like any other customer but couldn't do that from work.

I'd suggest you give up the idea from working from home and concentrate on finding a good job in a work place you like. There are just so many people who want that too. And so many scams.

There are lot of managers who make hiring decisions that really want someone to come into work.

There are good managers out there. Ones who care for their people. You need to find one.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2023, 1:56 pm

It's a good idea and I wish you well.