Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Otisthealleycat
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

01 Oct 2023, 5:10 pm

Hi all! :)

It's great to have a community of like-minded people, where we can share and learn from our experiences.

I'm a 30 year old male and I was diagnosed with Asperger's when I was 13. I've always been a social outcast, never had any friends, and have had a wide range of intense special interests that have changed a lot as I've grown up. Starting in high school I developed social anxiety, and when I was a university student it got so extreme that I was paranoid of other people and had delusions, and I was forced to quit. My social anxiety has since died down a lot, but I still feel uncomfortable around other people and I usually get drained from putting on a "mask". I have a full-time job but I still live with my Mom; I'm still not able to support living on my own and she has to help me with a lot of daily things that most other people find simple to do.

I hope to eventually be able to support myself and comfortably live on my own, be at ease with other people, make a friend, find a partner, learn more and be proud of who I am, and help other people who are on the spectrum.

Society may not be catered to us autistic people, but we have a lot of unique abilities and can be successful and can provide a lot to the world. We need to learn how to harness our power :D

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2023, 9:20 am

Welcome to WP! I hope you find it a friendly place.

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2023, 9:24 am

Welcome to Wrong Planet. You have a good set of goals. Our minds are different than NTs. They are not bad minds, they are different minds.

autisticelders
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2023, 9:43 am

welcome, glad you found us!

"Curiosity is one of the permanent and certain characteristics of a vigorous intellect.” Samuel Johnson

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2023, 10:32 am

Welcome to WP here .! hopefully your visits will be good ones everytime you come . :D

where ever you go ,there you are

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2023, 10:46 am

Welcome to the forum! :alien:

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2023, 3:34 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet! :)