That’s WHY Android Aspie guys fail to date insta models

Page 2 of 4 [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2023, 4:57 pm

Tim_Tex wrote:
Is this an absolute cause celebre for you?

Absolutely! It’s an existential crisis. ;_;

MaxE
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2023, 6:01 am

It's no surprise that most of the women they interviewed sound American.

We have a family friend in Spain with 5 children, 4 in their 20s and one teenager. They are all attractive have lots of friends, and constantly go to parties and clubs (I see this on IG all the time).

They all have Androids. Now consider these numbers:

https://gs.statcounter.com/os-market-share/mobile/spain

That's right, 76.46% Android!

Spain may be an extreme example, but this still seems to be an American thing and nobody else has said it. I will check numbers for Lebanon after I post this.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2023, 9:13 am

I'm an iPhone guy anyway. Check. Mate.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2023, 9:15 am

I have always disliked iPhone because it is overpriced, and similar Android phones can be bought for cheaper.

I prefer value over a status symbol.

GadgetGuru
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2023, 9:20 am

blitzkrieg wrote:
I have always disliked iPhone because it is overpriced, and similar Android phones can be bought for cheaper.
Despite being a big computer nerd since about 1981, I resisted buying a smart phone until 2015, when I bought a small, refurbished Android phone from my prepaid service provider for I think $10 or $15. Now, they're an indispensable part of my life, but I still spend 98% of my "screen time" on a "real computer".

I did run an older gifted iPhone for maybe six months, and it was just fine, more or less the same as an Android, from a basic use perspective.
If I was rich, I may well buy an iPhone, if I cared about always being on the "cutting edge" of smartphone tech, as the iPhones seem to be maybe a bit ahead, typically?

But I really don't care, so either would do.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2023, 9:24 am

GadgetGuru wrote:
blitzkrieg wrote:
Despite being a big computer nerd since about 1981, I resisted buying a smart phone until 2015, when I bought a small, refurbished Android phone from my prepaid service provider for I think $10 or $15. Now, they're an indispensable part of my life, but I still spend 98% of my "screen time" on a "real computer".

I did run an older gifted iPhone for maybe six months, and it was just fine, more or less the same as an Android, from a basic use perspective.
If I was rich, I may well buy an iPhone, if I cared about always being on the "cutting edge" of smartphone tech, as the iPhones seem to be maybe a bit ahead, typically?

But I really don't care, so either would do.

I have a similar story.

I started using my first smart phone in my late twenties, in about 2017. I consider it essential now, although like you, I use a traditional computer the majority of the time, with Windows OS and have done since being about 9 years old.

I know more about computers than the average person, but I am not a super nerd or anything (though I went through a phase of building desktop PC's and overclocking CPU's many years ago).

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2023, 11:59 am

I miss the Win CE Pocket PC despite its flaws, boy these had awesome games way better than modern mobile games.

I still remember an awesome zelda-like game on it by the name of Mazera.

And It had emulators for GBC and NES that ran flawlessly.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

04 Oct 2023, 1:28 pm

People who have jobs or major hobbies that involve audio & video recording & editing tend prefer having all apple products. They can link & work together better since they are all made by the same company. That usage seems nerdy to me :nerdy: However that reasoning does not apply to the average user who uses the same device for most everything. iPhones were marketed as having built in apps to do various things so a bit of people who have iPhones have the false impression that they'll have problems using their various apps on android devices. ie they think the camera on android phones will have problems recording to youtube, or android phones will have problems playing music from iTunes(or whatever it's called now if it's still around), or android phones will have problems accessing twitter, instagram, & facebook.

It's too bad there is no viable alternative instead of only two major smartphone operating systems. I really wish there was a smartphone designed like a miniature laptop that had physical buttons for typing & a windows OS. It could fold in half to reduce size with the buttons on one side & the screen on the other.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Last edited by nick007 on 04 Oct 2023, 1:34 pm, edited 3 times in total.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2023, 1:28 pm

I don't play mobile games very often. I played Fantasian somewhat recently and liked it. Normally, I only play console games.

Lost_dragon
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2023, 1:33 pm

Android all the way. I hate Apple. Best not to get me started on that rant. :P

old_comedywriter
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2023, 1:35 pm

My android phone won't date your iPhone.
My PC won't date your Mac either.
Left swipe on Linux is automatic.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2023, 1:37 pm

Will your android date my old burner

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

04 Oct 2023, 1:40 pm

TwilightPrincess wrote:
I don't play mobile games very often. I played Fantasian somewhat recently and liked it. Normally, I only play console games.
I haven't played any mobile games on my current phone. Like you I'd much rather play a console gaming system thou I do play some RPG Super Nintendo & Gameboy/Gameboy Advance games on my computer using an emulator like old-skewl Final Fantasy & Pokemon games :nerdy:

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Weight Of Memory
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

06 Oct 2023, 7:17 am

Models, Instagram or otherwise, strike me as usual being vain and vapid people not worth my time.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2023, 7:19 am

Weight Of Memory wrote:
Models, Instagram or otherwise, strike me as usual being vain and vapid people not worth my time.

Have you known many models personally?

People often assume models are awful people (arrogant, conceited, shallow, vain, etc.), but that doesn’t seem fair.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2023, 10:58 am

Weight Of Memory wrote:

That kind of attitude leads to models being turned into incels.

An interesting, related article below:

https://metro.co.uk/2023/10/04/i-havent-had-sex-for-two-years-because-men-are-intimidated-by-me-19601983/?ico=metro-posts_money_whats-trending-now

"‘I’m not celibate by choice – I [just] can’t find the right guy,’ said Swedish model Amber ‘Sweetheart’ Johanssen.

In fact, the 37-year-old model hasn’t been on a date or had sex in two years and believes that men are ‘too scared’ to approach her.

She’s getting plenty of attention from her fans online, but when it comes to her dating life, she thinks her influencer job (she has 500,000 followers on instagram) is putting potential suitors off."