Are there any virtual reality gamers here?

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Have you tried virtual reality?
Yes and I enjoyed it 75%  75%  [ 3 ]
Yes and I wasn't a fan 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
No and I don't want to try 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
No but I hope to try someday 25%  25%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 4

jamie0.0
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

04 Oct 2023, 12:20 am

I've been playing around with the meta quest for a couple of weeks now, and I am impressed. The level of immersion is outstanding, and makes for an overall good experience.

I would like to know your thoughts on vr if you have experienced it.

Mikurotoro92
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2023, 3:22 am

I have played Playstation VR and want to get for the Nintendo Switch Nintendo Labo VR kit

DuckHairback
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2023, 12:50 pm

Sold my Quest 2 recently because I wasn't really using it.

It is impressive, truly, but I also think it's a bit faddy. I don't know how long it'll last.

I think it's telling that the best game on Quest 2 is still Beat Saber some four years after it first came out. That was the only thing that kept me coming back.

I played Moss 1 & 2 which I enjoyed. Pistol Whip was fun for a while but got old quick.

Walking Dead Saints & Sinners was probably the best big title I played. Green Hell had it's moments but both those games became a grind just to stay in the same place, I couldn't progress.

A lot of the other games I played relied on the social aspect which obviously isn't a strong suit of mine but also every game seemed to be full of obnoxious kids who weren't even old enough to be on the platform unsupervised.

So yeah, I had fun with it but it got old for me quick and the single player games just aren't there yet in my opinion.

I'd be very interested to see how much of an improvement the Quest 3 is though. I do miss Beat Saber.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2023, 2:30 pm

I don't think virtual reality will ever challenge traditional gaming on a television or computer screen, unless the virtual reality experience is improved at least ten-fold.

Virtual reality at current is a bit like gaming in an arcade; shallow fun.

arekks
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

09 Oct 2023, 11:07 pm

DuckHairback wrote:
Sold my Quest 2 recently because I wasn't really using it.

It is impressive, truly, but I also think it's a bit faddy. I don't know how long it'll last.

I sort of agree but also the Quest 2's lens is really bad. I tried one before my current headset (Pico 4) and it seemed barely useable for all the distortion and blur

That said I can get really into a VR game for a week and then not touch it again for months.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2023, 9:38 am

I'd kind of like to try VR, but I'm pretty sure it would make me puke. Would at least be neat to have a setup so I could try some dev stuff.

One of the Pistol Whip (I think it was) devs said he wanted me to playtest for him, but I'm not sure how serious he was, because he didn't reply after I said I didn't have any equipment.