Re4 remake on ps4 looks unimpressive in HDR

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2023, 1:37 pm

I am playing resident evil 4 remake on ps4 and currently have HDR turned on. Is it just me or does HDR for this particular game not make much of a difference in terms of graphics? Resident evil 3 remake ane the Uncharted 4 looks gorgeous though in HDR.

Thankfully I am getting a ps5 for christmas and maybe since it supports Ray tracing it might make a difference

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2023, 2:02 pm

Jamesy wrote:
I am playing resident evil 4 remake on ps4 and currently have HDR turned on. Is it just me or does HDR for this particular game not make much of a difference in terms of graphics? Resident evil 3 remake ane the Uncharted 4 looks gorgeous though in HDR.

Thankfully I am getting a ps5 for christmas and maybe since it supports Ray tracing it might make a difference

The Playstation 4 is not going to look impressive by today's standards, if you have been exposed to other modern games, say, on the PC or some such alternative to the PS.

yurguardianangel
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

27 Dec 2023, 2:30 pm

Nope.
I have the PS4 Pro on boost mode which does make RE4 remake look slightly better,mostly better framerate though. As seen when I play say Call Of Duty Cold War zombies.

I also upgraded the internal HDD to a Samsung Evo SSD. Which makes games load much faster and be more responsive.

It's a lot sharper and better looking on the PS5 Slim I got a few weeks ago though!

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2023, 3:23 pm

Yeah, the PS5 is out now which has superseded the PS4 graphically.

If you care about graphics you'd be best off upgrading.