Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Luxalas
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

31 Oct 2023, 7:53 pm

Hello, I'm Luxalas! I'm 31. Someone very close to me that I love recommended that I try using this site thinking it would bring me some peace. I'll try to keep this post as neat as possible for better readability.

About neurodivergence:

• I'm not diagnosed with ADHD or autism, but it's been suspected for years by me with the latter being more so in the last few. I've met a lot of people online who have been diagnosed and it's been very eye opening.

• Whether I'm one of those things, neither, or both, I hope to eventually be professionally evaluated so I can have answers. Regardless of the results, I think the answers could help to make my life even easier for me and push me in the right direction of living happier.

• As I get older I find myself struggling more than ever with making friends (even tho friends would disagree), keeping them, depression, anxiety, burnout, auditory processing, processing in general, performing daily tasks, overwhelming sensory, feeling misunderstood, and just overall feeling like I'm an alien on the wrong planet.

About me and my interests:

• I love playing video games, laughing, having fun. Gaming is my biggest hobby and passion. I was diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis earlier this year and that has unfortunately impacted how well I play, but I still have fun. I could talk about video games for hours and I could do the same with K-POP music as well. It's been harder for me to find other adults to talk to about K-POP though.

• Other things I enjoy are coffee, anime, cartoon, kamen rider, bike riding, swimming, and streaming. I come across as extroverted by the amount of talking I do, but I'm very introverted. :lol: But I also think I have masked and mirrored for longer than I know/realize and I've spent the last few years trying to piece things together. Speaking of pieces, I love jigsaw puzzles! 10/10

• I'm also a part of the LGBT+ community and it plays a big part in my life and who I am. I label my sexuality as queer and I've gone through an exhausting roller-coaster of labels to get there. I'm also trans and identify as nonbinary. Seeing that as an option for my profile when joining made me happy. My pronouns are they/them.

• I'm a very talkative and mostly chill person. I don't always talk proper, I cuss, I'm a goofball, I like talking to friends, learning things I find interesting, and creating things. I try to avoid burnout and take care of myself to the best of my ability, which can be hard for me daily.

To close, I want to say happy halloween! :skull: I am spending my Halloween online playing games with friends and wearing Halloween outfits in game. I've been in the spirit all month. This is my favorite holiday other than Christmas. I love seeing people dress up, but I don't like the horror and gore aspect of Halloween. I'm not a fan of horror. Bit of a weenie. Are you doing anything Halloween related today? What do you like and dislike most about Halloween?

I'm typing all this via mobile and I haven't used bb code in a decade, so I don't know how it will turn out. I imagine not how I'd like.... :oops: lmao

NowWhatDoIDo
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

31 Oct 2023, 8:08 pm

Welcome!

autisticelders
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2023, 6:13 am

welcome! glad you found us! :)

"Curiosity is one of the permanent and certain characteristics of a vigorous intellect.” Samuel Johnson

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2023, 5:19 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet! :)

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2023, 1:21 pm

Welcome to WP! I think you'll like it here.

And I also immediately related to the term "Wrong Planet". It is so wonderfully descriptive! :alien: