Page 1 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

r@y
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

01 Nov 2023, 9:59 am

Hello, wrong planet,
I'm sorry I forgot to introduce myself before posting. It was difficult to find a username that wasn't taken yet, so I'm either roy or ray, no preference (any pronouns.) I'm some form of nonbinary, queer, late thirties, not sure if I'm autistic. I've been reading a lot of books about autism and one of them directed me to this message board, saying that I should mingle with autistic folks if I suspect I might be autistic and want to find out more.
It's nice here but also very crowded, so it's taking me a lot of time to try to navigate the board and to get to the stuff that's interesting to me right now without being overwhelmed/distracted by all the fun off-topic offers.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2023, 10:00 am

Welcome to the WP family, Ray!

:alien:

r@y
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

01 Nov 2023, 4:06 pm

blitzkrieg wrote:
Welcome to the WP family, Ray!

:alien:

Thank you! :alien:

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2023, 4:58 pm

Hi Ray!

Welcome! I identify as transgender and have many autistic traits. Been there, done that!
Not diagnosed but I have many posts on this site.

I find it much easier to socialize when I present as female. My male presentation often male fails. I'll fall into the uncanny valley between male and female and normal people can't deal with that.

BTDT

Lorikeet
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

01 Nov 2023, 5:08 pm

Welcome R@y. I’m fairly new here myself.

I have learned recently that gender diversity is more common in the autistic population than with NT people. Very significantly. In fact some gender clinics are starting to advise ASD assessments for trans kids once they’ve had their initial gender dysphoria diagnosis confirmed.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2023, 5:16 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet! :)

r@y
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

02 Nov 2023, 2:36 am

Thank you, everyone!

Lorikeet wrote:
I have learned recently that gender diversity is more common in the autistic population than with NT people.

Yes, I've learned about that, too.

softlyspeaks41
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

02 Nov 2023, 9:55 pm

Hi and welcome! Yeah kinda wish this place had a GPS system lol..but I'm sure you'll be navigating like a pro in no time if not by now

NowWhatDoIDo
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

02 Nov 2023, 11:13 pm

Welcome, R@y! Not sure how to say this without sounding wrong, but I've always felt a kinship with other people who are marginalized, and trans rights are one of my special interests at the moment. I want you to be safe and valued for who you are, as all humans deserve. I'm glad to see I'm not alone in that around here. I don't know if deeper empathy is an autistic superpower but I think it just might be.

r@y
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

03 Nov 2023, 12:15 pm

softlyspeaks41 wrote:
Hi and welcome! Yeah kinda wish this place had a GPS system lol..but I'm sure you'll be navigating like a pro in no time if not by now
I hope so, I'm still hopelessly lost at this point but thank you for the encouragement! :)

NowWhatDoIDo wrote:
Welcome, R@y! Not sure how to say this without sounding wrong, but I've always felt a kinship with other people who are marginalized, and trans rights are one of my special interests at the moment. I want you to be safe and valued for who you are, as all humans deserve. I'm glad to see I'm not alone in that around here. I don't know if deeper empathy is an autistic superpower but I think it just might be.

Thank you! Whether it's a superpower or a curse, I'm still undecided. Especially when it comes to trans rights in these heartbreaking times.

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2023, 2:00 pm

I understand that choosing a username might not be a tidy process. I didn't do enough preparation for it and had a short list of candidates to try...all of which were apparently already taken. It caused me to thrash through other unplanned but similar choices. So, I'm "Double Retired"; it is OK.

After I joined WP I did some exploration and eventually found the areas in it that most interested me. I don't try to monitor the whole planet; I stay mostly in familiar areas.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2023, 3:59 pm

Welcome aboard Ray Roy. How's the propane business treating you?

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

r@y
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

03 Nov 2023, 4:12 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
How's the propane business treating you?
I am of the Chippewa Falls Rays Roys.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2023, 4:15 pm

r@y wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
How's the propane business treating you?
I am of the Chippewa Falls Rays Roys.

So, I take it you don't watch King Of The Hill?

https://kingofthehill.fandom.com/wiki/J ... Strickland

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

r@y
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

03 Nov 2023, 4:17 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
So, I take it you don't watch King Of The Hill?

Ah, no, I've never heard of that.

NowWhatDoIDo
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

03 Nov 2023, 4:49 pm

Isn't it a very autistic thing to relate everything back to movies, books, or TV?

I do this constantly, and sometimes I'm perplexed that people aren't familiar with everything in pop culture :lol: