Have they suffered beatings from their parents?

Page 1 of 1 [ 15 posts ] 

the sonic fan 2002
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

13 Nov 2023, 12:58 pm

Because my mom is still beating me, she hits me with whatever she finds, she gets angry with me for anything, and every mistake I make hits me. Has anyone had the same situation as me?

[url=dailymotion.com/thesonicfan2002]my dailymotion[/url]

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2023, 1:16 pm

my old man beat me regularly and humiliated me in public often. i still live with that in terms of PTSD complex. i still have issues of self-esteem due to this and reinforced beat-downs from the other people in my life until 2008 when i was finally able to find relief from hostile people in hermithood. or hermitude. take your pick.

Readydaer
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2023, 1:28 pm

I was spanked until puberty age or so, but one-off instances after that have occurred, such as a physical encounter between my arm and a thrown wagon.

the sonic fan 2002
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

13 Nov 2023, 2:02 pm

auntblabby wrote:
my old man beat me regularly and humiliated me in public often. i still live with that in terms of PTSD complex. i still have issues of self-esteem due to this and reinforced beat-downs from the other people in my life until 2008 when i was finally able to find relief from hostile people in hermithood. or hermitude. take your pick.

i suffered humiliations from my parents

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2023, 10:37 pm

i had food sensitivities that my dad "cured" by yelling at me, "EAT IT OR I'LL POUND IT UP YER @$$! !"

MuddRM
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

13 Nov 2023, 11:28 pm

auntblabby wrote:
i had food sensitivities that my dad "cured" by yelling at me, "EAT IT OR I'LL POUND IT UP YER @$$! !"

I’ve said it before, I’ll say it again. Lately, I wish I could curl up and die. (And yes, I’m actually doing that. Not only do I suffer hypertension and diabetes type 2, I now am in stage 3a chronic kidney disease.). Do my brothers care? F!CK NO!! !! !! !! ! I ended up evicted from my apartment because I can’t keep the place clean to HUD standards, I have cockroaches coming from all places. If it weren’t for the social worker here in the complex, I’d already be dead. I’ve asked for help a few times, and I just get the look that I’m speaking Esperanto. She’s trying to get me in assisted living. However, almost none of the senior homes will even accept PA Medicaid waivers and the costs are overwhelming, especially for someone like me, who doesn’t have 2 Pennie’s to rub together.

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2023, 7:20 pm

My parents were abusive to me while I was growing up. However, beatings were more occasions. They would hit me.

Most abuse was narcissistic, mental, and emotional, and humiliation.

the sonic fan 2002
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

15 Nov 2023, 9:50 pm

Summer_Twilight wrote:
My parents were abusive to me while I was growing up. However, beatings were more occasions. They would hit me.

Wow, I thought I was the only aspie who was mistreated by my family.

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2023, 9:10 am

It may or may not be partially the reason why a part of me is always looking for a fight -- just for the sake of retaliating -- and having to restrain myself because I simply knew better, yet also having dilemmas right after...

Let's just say my mom stopped as soon as she had a realization that I'm not an NT.
Oh, but it's 9-10 years too late; she should've stopped since the day I was born.

And so there's still there, whatever it is, likely exists since pre-verbal stage.

Twisted by this other aspect that translates into a hunger for violence -- I fear and worry that I might retaliate and do something worse...

And at the same time, very tempted and wanting to actually just do it.

It's a tiring thing to exist with.
It feels like being torn between two or more negative forces all the time.

Nevermind the rest of other forces beyond the fight, flight, freeze and fawn.

I guess that's the closest real thing for me to actually suffer from psychologically; being torn from different directions in the inside; I could, I would, knowing I shouldn't, I mustn't.

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2023, 10:08 am

the sonic fan 2002 wrote:
Summer_Twilight wrote:

Wow, I thought I was the only Aspie who was mistreated by my family.

My parents try to make it sound like I am the one who the abuser. However, that's because I am a truth-teller who recognized their behavior and called them out. They are also instigators who would bully me and pick fights in which I would fight back

When I turned 18, my parents told me constantly that I was an "Uneasy child," and an "Embarrassment of the family."

They don't get why I have had no contact with them, nor have any of them owned up to how they have treated me. Instead, they are right and I am wrong. They think that I am holding a grudge against them and that I am "Victimizing myself."

I got mad at one of my sisters three years ago because she was not being a good sister to me. I will admit that I didn't handle myself very well. However, my other sister retaliated against me by posting on her page that I am "Trash," and that I am "Sick in the head."

envirozentinel
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

17 Nov 2023, 11:30 am

the sonic fan 2002 wrote:
Because my mom is still beating me, she hits me with whatever she finds, she gets angry with me for anything, and every mistake I make hits me. Has anyone had the same situation as me?

She should not be doing that.

At least you can talk about it here.

Unfortunately physical and mental abuse is common and not always easy to deal with, although serious abuse should always be reported to the proper authorities.

my blog:
https://sentinel63.wordpress.com/

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2023, 12:53 pm

I agree. Your mom has problems.

Anyway, writing about my situation made me cry. For years, I felt nothing but anger. I have not cried about my family in years.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2023, 1:26 pm

Well my parents did spank me as a child, I don't really agree with that as I don't think it helped anything. Lol at least with my dad I knew what it was for when he did, my mom it was hard to predict and half the time when she gave me one I didn't even know what it was for.

Both their parents did worse than just a spank on the butt...my mom says her mom would use a wire hanger sometimes and one time made her brother eat cigarettes in a closet as punishment for smoking underage(sadly my moms brother died when he was like 20 fell asleep at the wheel and crashed his car so its the uncle I never met I have seen pictures of him though). As for my dad well his dad did like beat him and and use a belt sometimes and stuff like that...let's just say he didn't even bother going to his dads funeral when he died.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2023, 3:52 pm

It's illegal to assault someone.

I fail to understand why parents think it is perfectly ok to assault their offspring.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2023, 5:06 pm

My parents didn't beat me, but partners did.
I was an adult but I couldn't get away from them for legal reasons.

It's called Domestic Violence whether it's a romantic partner or a parent.
I know another grown man who gets beaten by his mother.

Would you consider reporting her?