Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

strongstrange
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

13 Nov 2023, 5:47 pm

Hi, I'm Moshe (original Hebrew version of the name 'Moses'). I just made my account here, and am excited to start posting. I have always vastly preferred forums as my type of "social media" or internet use, as I was on many fan forums in my adolescent and teen years, and it's much more pleasant to me than posting or 'audience' based social media!
I'm 26, I live in Florida.
I am interested in science fiction, although I am just getting back into reading anything, including science fiction, after a stressful few years post-college. I love Star Trek, mostly the original series, I have become worse and worse at watching TV shows through entirely as I get older. I mostly rewatch the same ones because not knowing what will happen makes me anxious with some TV and movies. :roll: I also have been obsessed with Sherlock Holmes since around age 12.
My main new projects right now are bird watching (which I do on walks around my neighborhood) and I'm starting my own little map project of my neighborhood, representing the important landmarks to me on the streets and in the parks within walking distance of me (this is also useful, as I have a very bad memory and sense of direction, and I would like to not have to pull out my phone and use maps so often).
If anyone is similarly interested in Sherlock Holmes, let me know your favorite portrayal. To me, Jeremy Brett is the best portrayal and probably always will be!

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2023, 6:10 pm

My Mum likes Sherlock Holmes. I only like the older ones when they come on TV. Not into the modern ones. They are too far fetched to be logical, but the older ones have a better reality to them.

I am not interested enough to recall scenes apart from glimpses and the Swiss Alps scene?

I am more into trains and model railroads and things like that.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2023, 7:09 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet! :)

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2023, 7:22 pm

Hi Moshe!

Welcome!

BTDT

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2023, 9:06 pm

Welcome to the forums! :alien:

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2023, 9:16 pm

Welcome to WP :salut:

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2023, 1:50 pm

Welcome to WP! I hope you like it here...and that you find the "TV Episodes You Have Just Watched" and "What movies have you seen recently?" discussions...some things I learned about in them have become nice additions to our collection.

strongstrange wrote:
If anyone is similarly interested in Sherlock Holmes, let me know your favorite portrayal. To me, Jeremy Brett is the best portrayal and probably always will be!
AGREED!

BillyTree
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

14 Nov 2023, 3:12 pm

Welcome! I really liked the modern times Sherlock Holmes TV series with Benedict Cumberbatch.

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2023, 10:09 am

There have been several versions of Sherlock Holmes on Television. The series I like best was the one called Sherlock.