Autistic boyfriend cheated accidentally

Page 6 of 6 [ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

foxylildvl
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

24 Nov 2023, 11:37 pm

I'm not encouraging him to find someone else. I'm an understanding person and i know we're far away from one another. I always asked him if he's sure he still wants to stay together before because long distance is difficult for a lot of people. I told him a long time ago if he ended up liking someone else that was closer to home I'd understand and we could be friends. This however is not the case because if it was he wouldn't have had a full blown melt down and stopped speaking to everyone and be locked up in his mates spare bedroom every day barley sleeping and eating.

I did message him and told him I wanted to still be with him. However if its too much we can try altering out relationship status to something else like an open relationship or going back to friends if he feels like its too much of everything.

I just want him to be happy and not so devastated about it all. He has abandonment and trust issues and I told him long ago I'd never leave no matter what. While some of you may think its ridiculous to be kind to him about what happened, i dont.

We also haven't spoken in days and those messages were received but not responded to except that he needed space still but he loved me. I'm giving him what he asked for. I'm not pressuring him for answers because its wrong to poke someone that might close up again. Does it stress me out the silence? Absolutely it does, but there isn't much i can do about it except send him random music files to listen to if he chooses to.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2023, 12:16 am

foxylildvl wrote:
I'm not encouraging him to find someone else. I'm an understanding person and i know we're far away from one another. I always asked him if he's sure he still wants to stay together before because long distance is difficult for a lot of people. I told him a long time ago if he ended up liking someone else that was closer to home I'd understand and we could be friends. This however is not the case because if it was he wouldn't have had a full blown melt down and stopped speaking to everyone and be locked up in his mates spare bedroom every day barley sleeping and eating.

I did message him and told him I wanted to still be with him. However if its too much we can try altering out relationship status to something else like an open relationship or going back to friends if he feels like its too much of everything.

I just want him to be happy and not so devastated about it all. He has abandonment and trust issues and I told him long ago I'd never leave no matter what. While some of you may think its ridiculous to be kind to him about what happened, i dont.

We also haven't spoken in days and those messages were received but not responded to except that he needed space still but he loved me. I'm giving him what he asked for. I'm not pressuring him for answers because its wrong to poke someone that might close up again. Does it stress me out the silence? Absolutely it does, but there isn't much i can do about it except send him random music files to listen to if he chooses to.

hmmm, are you not sending him mixed messages?

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2023, 1:06 am

foxylildvl wrote:

What does he want for you?

This seems to be about what you want for him, and what he wants for him.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2023, 1:38 am

foxylildvl wrote:
We also haven't spoken in days and those messages were received but not responded to except that he needed space still but he loved me. I'm giving him what he asked for. I'm not pressuring him for answers because its wrong to poke someone that might close up again.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2023, 1:40 am

I know, but what did he want for her prior to this shutdown?

Also regarding counselling, if it's still an option, look for an online couples' course or a therapist you can both see online by Zoom etc., at the same time, even though you aren't in the same location.

My partner and I didn't see each other every day during counselling. Actually very little, because it was during Covid lockdowns and we weren't allowed to be together for some of that.

Our counselling was online. Then we had homework we did together on video or on the phone, every night.

Note: He did not have PIV with anyone but the counselling was still effective.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

25 Nov 2023, 3:33 am

IsabellaLinton wrote:
foxylildvl wrote:

What does he want for you?

This seems to be about what you want for him, and what he wants for him.
I think she posted that he wants her to be angry & leave him. I'd guese that he feels he's not relationship material due to his issues & how his last partner was not able to handle his PTSD,.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

foxylildvl
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

25 Nov 2023, 6:24 am

After he was initially missing for like 36 hours he finally contacted me. We spoke but it was to push me away. It took 3 more days after for him to write again and he doesn't know what to say or do. I think he ended up traumatized by the whole thing because of his trust issues. He thought it was the one thing he'd never do and ended up doing it and it's messed with him. He wouldn't really listen to reason and i honestly wasn't ready to talk about my own trauma with him about a similar experience.

My wants are pretty easy and its him. I want him still even with this whole messed up situation. He's sweet and caring and one of the best people i know. I'm willing to take him however he's willing to give himself to me.

It's hard to send him the correct message i guess because he's talks for 5 mins and then is off again. I'm rrying my best to not overwhelm him further. Last time i did that he bit me because he was too emotionally distressed and i was harping on him to talk to me more than he could take.

swrider
Raven
Raven

25 Nov 2023, 10:33 am

Have you asked him how you can help or what he needs from you at this time? I mean directly. You've done well to remind him that you care for him. Also your music trick seemed to work nicely thsat could be the level of interaction he can support at the moment. I wish you the best of luck. :)

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

25 Nov 2023, 11:43 am

foxylildvl wrote:
My wants are pretty easy and its him. I want him still even with this whole messed up situation. He's sweet and caring and one of the best people i know. I'm willing to take him however he's willing to give himself to me.
Being in a relationship with someone who has a habit of disappearing & pulling away & shutting down when they get stressed out or overwhelmed can be very difficult for lots to handle. I feel like total cr@p whenever my girlfriend is in a bad mood & not talking to me much for a day even when I know it has nothing to do with me. I know I could not handle her pulling way & performing a disappearing act for days regardless of why. I would try my d@mndest to be supportive if it was a situation like your guy experienced but if her disappearing or not talking to me was a semi-regular occurrence we'd be having major fights & eventually breaking up. My 1st gf had problems with drugs & alcohol & when she disappeared it was because she was getting f#cked up & cheating on me with her ex because he offered her drugs in exchange for sex so that might be a major factor into my opinion. I know you majorly care about & love him but you need to take care of yourself as well. Ask yourself if his behavior is something you could handle long-term if your relationship quit being long-distance. If the answer is No then he needs to give/show you a reason why his behavior would be different if you two were to eventually get married or just live together, perhaps drinking less or avoiding drinking to that excess would be a major step forward.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

foxylildvl
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

25 Nov 2023, 4:56 pm

He just said he needs time to process his feelings. This is the first time we've not spoken purposely for days. He's needed breaks before but it was usually not more than a day at a time when he just needed time alone. I have a very demanding job so i tend to be busy a lot reviewing paperwork. He usually would say good morning and goodnight but not long conversations which was ok because at least i knew he was ok. This is our first biggest challenge we've run into so i feel it's unfair to judge or base everything on this one occurrence going forward. If he want to stay together, I am however going to request he not drink anymore in excess beyond 2 beers to avoid another problem since that girl is still working there and the staff drinking together is a regular thing they do.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2023, 6:16 pm

Ok you said this

foxylildvl wrote:
My wants are pretty easy and its him. I want him still even with this whole messed up situation. He's sweet and caring and one of the best people i know. I'm willing to take him however he's willing to give himself to me..

But then you said this
foxylildvl wrote:
He just said he needs time to process his feelings. This is the first time we've not spoken purposely for days.

and then this
foxylildvl wrote:
I am however going to request he not drink anymore in excess beyond 2 beers to avoid another problem since that girl is still working there and the staff drinking together is a regular thing they do[/b].

I think you both (including yourself) need to take some time away and give each other some space. He gave his reasons, but in your case you are now placing conditions on him at work where he is already trying to process what happened. I think part of giving space is let him come to that decision to cut back on drinks at work, I am sure if he wants you he will nmake that choice himself.

I am having difficulty trying to fathom how you work with somebody whom you slept with but am trying to avoid. Do they have to work together? Should he talk to his supervisor about taking different duties or can he even move jobs to avoid being in this situation again?

foxylildvl
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

25 Nov 2023, 7:48 pm

I haven't spoken about conditions to him and i don't think its unreasonable to ask someone not to get trashed again. His friend owns the business where he works and as soon as he comes back they'll do the schedule to make sure they're never on the same shift.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2023, 12:18 am

foxylildvl wrote:
I haven't spoken about conditions to him and i don't think its unreasonable to ask someone not to get trashed again. His friend owns the business where he works and as soon as he comes back they'll do the schedule to make sure they're never on the same shift.

Sounds like a good plan his friend changing the work shifts.

WantToHaveALife
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2023, 11:13 pm

how long you both been together?