Autistic boyfriend cheated accidentally

Page 4 of 6 [ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2023, 5:48 pm

foxylildvl wrote:
I'm not angry at him. I'm angry at the female who didn't understand no the many other times he told her no and our friends as well that told her to lay off. And yea conciling aint gonna work bc we're long distance. Either way these past couple of days he's finally spoken to me and said he's still having trouble processing his feelings about the situation.

He's told me he's high functioning austistic, I have zero clue still what that really means because we're still so new. His PTSD issues from past abusive relationships doesn't help our situation either.

I have to remind everyone that he and I were friends first before randomly going left one day and he asked me to date him officially in march. Figuring out everything was already hard in general bc we're far apart and we were supposed to start flying over to see one another regularly to see if it would work out.

I have no idea of the motivation from the female in this incident, but your B/F should not use his autism to excuse his decision. I understand it may have been confusing for him that this girl was giving him attention and perhaps (I do not know) she saw him as a vulnerable target?

If you want this relationship to work you need to stop blaming other people for your B/F's bad decision and the two of you need to seek counselling.

swrider
Raven
Raven

22 Nov 2023, 5:50 pm

The fundamentalproblem here is a lack of trust. You now find it difficult to trust him for whatever reason. Without trust a relationship probably won't last (I believe it can't) so if you want it to continue you need to find a way to rebuild trust.

There are options for that but they need to be things you both agree to and do together.

Last edited by swrider on 22 Nov 2023, 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2023, 5:54 pm

^^ What she needs to do is entirely up to her. We don’t know her boyfriend or how drunk he was to give a definitive answer one way or the other. It sounds like it may have been nonconsensual to me, though.

swrider
Raven
Raven

22 Nov 2023, 6:03 pm

^^your point is valid. I should say if op wants to move forward with him then they need to take steps to rebuild trust. If she didn't then there is no need to involve him.

Regardless of what happened and who's fault it was the act resulted in a lack of trust. This have been triggered by many different things with the same result. The OP seems like she wants to move forward and if that is the case the long term effect of the loss of trust needs to be addressed.

Just my two cents though, she can take or leave my opinion because that is just what it is an opinion.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2023, 6:04 pm

TwilightPrincess wrote:
It sounds like it may have been nonconsensual to me, though.

How?

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2023, 6:05 pm

cyberdad wrote:
TwilightPrincess wrote:

How?

Reread the thread.

Last edited by TwilightPrincess on 22 Nov 2023, 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rse92
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2023, 7:56 pm

There are men on here advising her that she needs to watch out for this guy. I would think you of all people would appreciate that.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2023, 8:26 pm

rse92 wrote:
There are men on here advising her that she needs to watch out for this guy.

Whether posters are men or not, they may not all appreciate issues related to consent. Reread my previous comments in context. I’m just saying that we don’t know all the facts, like how much alcohol was involved and if true consent was present.
Quote:
I would think you of all people would appreciate that.
What do you mean?

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2023, 9:07 pm

TwilightPrincess wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
TwilightPrincess wrote:

How?

Reread the thread. This not a PPR debate. Some sensitivity is warranted.

I'm sorry are you suddenly a self appointed board moderator? re-read my response to the OP, I told her she should seek professional help for her partner since she wants (I am capable of reading comprehension) to make the relationship work

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

22 Nov 2023, 9:16 pm

TwilightPrincess wrote:
Whether posters are men or not, they may not all appreciate issues related to consent. Reread my previous comments in context. I’m just saying that we don’t know all the facts, like how much alcohol was involved, so we can’t know if her boyfriend is to blame or not. I respect the OP’s feelings on the matter, though.
Yep we don't know how intoxicated he was, if he told her No or resisted when she started, or if he was even capable of that. Assuming that was the case, I would consider it rape & not cheating. The title of this thread confused me a little & probably some others. Accidently Cheated sounds to me like an excuse someone who intentionally cheated would say when they get caught. Instead of saying they made a mistake they'll say it was an accident.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2023, 9:30 pm

cyberdad wrote:
TwilightPrincess wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
TwilightPrincess wrote:

How?

Reread the thread. This not a PPR debate. Some sensitivity is warranted.

re-read my response to the OP, I told her she should seek professional help for her partner since she wants (I am capable of reading comprehension) to make the relationship work

cyberdad wrote:
If you want this relationship to work you need to stop blaming other people for your B/F's bad decision and the two of you need to seek counselling.

That’s what I have an issue with. If it was nonconsensual, then he’s not to blame and it wasn’t a bad decision.

If you want to know how it might have been nonconsensual, reread the thread.

foxylildvl
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

22 Nov 2023, 10:29 pm

I had no clue what to call this thread at all. I tried explaining it in the intial post but it obviously came out wrong. I told our friends the same thing about rape but all i got was he wasn't ready to speak about it. No one can tell because he's shut down and stopped really speaking to everyone. Small things here and there but keeps taking full blame for something that wasn't in his character at all. I met him when he had a gf already and he was very committed to her before they broke up because she couldn't handle his ptsd issues. Its also not the first time he's gotten plastered with his coworkers before that consist of male and females.

The one he slept with was new and she was crushing on him hard after only knowing him 3 weeks :roll: . All she was was a pretty face and great body who was friendly. She literally knows 0 about his personal issues and the things he's had to overcome this year with the death of 2 people he loved and hasn't even really grieved properly. He's anti therapy and i been trying to get him to go for a long time and this just set him back from even listening to anyone now about it.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2023, 11:06 pm

That's really tough. Do you think that he's self-medicating with alcohol in general or does it happen infrequently? It sounds like he really needs to seek treatment for his PTSD, but that's something he needs to want to do. It could be triggering for someone with PTSD if they feel like they're being forced into therapy or whatever.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

22 Nov 2023, 11:13 pm

foxylildvl wrote:
I had no clue what to call this thread at all. I tried explaining it in the intial post but it obviously came out wrong. I told our friends the same thing about rape but all i got was he wasn't ready to speak about it. No one can tell because he's shut down and stopped really speaking to everyone. Small things here and there but keeps taking full blame for something that wasn't in his character at all. I met him when he had a gf already and he was very committed to her before they broke up because she couldn't handle his ptsd issues. Its also not the first time he's gotten plastered with his coworkers before that consist of male and females.

The one he slept with was new and she was crushing on him hard after only knowing him 3 weeks :roll: . All she was was a pretty face and great body who was friendly. She literally knows 0 about his personal issues and the things he's had to overcome this year with the death of 2 people he loved and hasn't even really grieved properly. He's anti therapy and i been trying to get him to go for a long time and this just set him back from even listening to anyone now about it.
Some autistics have bad luck with therapy, some have problems affording therapy, & some don't have the spoons for it(spoon theory). Preseuring him about therapy might cause him to feel more alienated & unaccepted. Unfortunately there may not be a lot you can do for him except be there for him emotionallly when he's ready & give him some space in the meantime.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

foxylildvl
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

22 Nov 2023, 11:36 pm

I absolutely never pressure him. I always ask him to consider things if its something that makes him uncomfortable. I always make sure he understands i accept him as he is, but maybe talking to a professional can help him with his stress and sadness. He's snipped at me before about it which is fine. I never take offense to it as i know he hates anything related to that topic. I dont ask him weekly or anything just randomly mention it every few months.

I have given him his space and just wait for him to send me anything when he feels like it. I sent him a reminder of how we used to communication with music clips to listen to based on our feelings atm as that's our thing and he's sent one back. I know i just have to be patient, it was just hard for me at the beginning because i was stressed out when he was missing and then after found trying to shove everyone away without even speaking about it.

Either way everything is fine as it can be now. I am pretty sure we'll end up going back to friends as i don't think he'll be able to handle anything more than that which is fine.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2023, 11:48 pm

I didn't mean to imply that you were pressuring him. I was just thinking out loud.

It IS possible that he's currently not ready for a relationship. There's no shame in deciding that it's too much for you, too.