Does the average person need a PC?
Yes 69%  69%  [ 18 ]
No 31%  31%  [ 8 ]
Total votes : 26

Orrr
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

04 Mar 2024, 6:57 pm

I think each household needs a PC, provided by the government, Elon Musk, MBS, or some other such entity. But not like the thing in Dr Who where they are used to vote, that was going too far. I am posting this from an iPad but it would have been faster on a PC, and better for my back. A comfortable, modest chair will also be provided. This was not an option in the poll so I could not

Vote

Princess Viola
Toucan
Toucan

11 Mar 2024, 8:48 am

Honestly speaking: I do not think the average person needs a PC. Whether you're talking about a desktop PC or a laptop PC, I would say that pretty much everything the average user would do on such a device is perfectly doable on their smartphone or a tablet (if they want a bigger screen).

Look how many people there are out there already who use an iPad as their primary computing device.

Sure, there's tons of things you can point to and say 'Well you couldn't do this or that without a PC!' and that's certainly true, but is whatever you're talking about something that the average person is going to even want to do? I can think of tons of things I do on my laptop that I couldn't even dream of doing on my tablet but they're also not things the average person is going to be doing either.