Page 10 of 10 [ 147 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

08 May 2024, 5:10 am

DuckHairback wrote:
Don't know what is up with me today. I took an antihistamine before I went to sleep last night because I was getting sneezy from something. Woke up this morning just feeling dead tired. Couldn't walk the dogs properly because I've got no energy at all. Coffee didn't wake me up. Went straight back to sleep after 2 coffees. Could have slept all day if I hadn't had stuff to do but moving around just feels horrible. I'd go back to sleep now if I didn't have to go and get the kid from school. Feel like a zombie. No other symptoms, but something isn't right and I don't care for it.
Perhaps being tired is a side-effect from the antihistamine? Potentially sedating meds like antihistamines usually make my mom feel hung-over & out of it the next day. I don't take after her with meds. I'm on a quite a few potentially sedating meds for various issues & a few of them usually get taken when I wake up. When I'm tired it's usually partially related to me having a screwed-up sleep schedule, being busier than I usually am, or not sleeping well for various reasons. Benadryl makes me hyper & shaky so I never use it but other antihistamines don't really affect me mentally & unfortunately they don't help my allergies enough. Alcohol makes me slightly buzzed & tired thou. I never been drunk & I would probably fall asleep or pass out instead of getting into any kinda trouble. I hope you feel better tomorrow.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

DuckHairback
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2024, 10:51 am

nick007 wrote:
DuckHairback wrote:
Don't know what is up with me today. I took an antihistamine before I went to sleep last night because I was getting sneezy from something. Woke up this morning just feeling dead tired. Couldn't walk the dogs properly because I've got no energy at all. Coffee didn't wake me up. Went straight back to sleep after 2 coffees. Could have slept all day if I hadn't had stuff to do but moving around just feels horrible. I'd go back to sleep now if I didn't have to go and get the kid from school. Feel like a zombie. No other symptoms, but something isn't right and I don't care for it.
Perhaps being tired is a side-effect from the antihistamine? Potentially sedating meds like antihistamines usually make my mom feel hung-over & out of it the next day. I don't take after her with meds. I'm on a quite a few potentially sedating meds for various issues & a few of them usually get taken when I wake up. When I'm tired it's usually partially related to me having a screwed-up sleep schedule, being busier than I usually am, or not sleeping well for various reasons. Benadryl makes me hyper & shaky so I never use it but other antihistamines don't really affect me mentally & unfortunately they don't help my allergies enough. Alcohol makes me slightly buzzed & tired thou. I never been drunk & I would probably fall asleep or pass out instead of getting into any kinda trouble. I hope you feel better tomorrow.

Thanks nick007. I sometimes take an antihistamine before bed precisely for the sleepy side-effect. I don't sleep well generally and it can help. But I've never had it affect me the whole day after as well. It was a weird sort of fatigue too. It hasn't happened again though so I don't really know what to make of it.

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2024, 7:36 pm

I have 3 physical main concerns. It's still the same as early as toddler years and as late as puberty.

First is the bane of my life so far -- upper respiratory issues. The yearly infections, the non-allergic reactions, overall breathing issues, etc.
I'm only short of having surgical options.

Second is a bit subtle that is gut issues.
I sincerely hope it's not dismissed as another 'part of autism therefore no solution' like anxiety did. :roll:
I mean come on. There's got to be a something here that I can do with this.

Third would be my hormones.
I'm sure the hormonal BCs only masks the issue and not the root cause. I do not know the root cause; it could be PCOS+PMDD+something thyroid, it could be nothing.
It could be unsolvable for all I know. Possible that my hormones are healthy and that my wiring cannot keep up with it's own body's natural cyclical changes.
With the current knowledge in women's health and neurodivergence? I don't have enough faith that it will be solved by a professional.

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.