Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

tbbcfsmt
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

05 Dec 2023, 12:46 am

hiya. i'm another wrongplanet newbie.

my story is nothing special i think, mostly because it hasn't fully started? im not diagnosed, anyway. but that's not really an option for me yet. i can't afford any appointments, and when i was in therapy, i was looked at for c-ptsd and about 3 million other issues.

uhh, i started suspecting i might be autistic when i was a teenager, roughly sixteen or seventeen? i was in denial about a lot for a really long time, because my parents were weirdly insistent that i was normal, even though i really wasn't. but hey, being told over and over again that i was normal helped me blend in around my parents and the only 3 friends i had, i guess.

i've got a heavy fixation on technology and computers, it's been my lifelong interest ever since i was old enough to start remembering things. i'm pretty good at digital art, i really like chicken, i have two pets that i love including a puppy, and i'm really socially awkward and anxious. i'm probably gonna lurk from here on out, but thanks for reading.

belijojo
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2023, 1:05 am

welcome

autisticelders
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2023, 6:05 am

welcome, hope you find what you need!

"Curiosity is one of the permanent and certain characteristics of a vigorous intellect.” Samuel Johnson

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2023, 12:44 pm

Welcome to WP! I hope you like it here.

I hope you have found some informal Autism tests on the Internet. Two that I know of are:
Autism-Spectrum Quotient Test (AQ)
Aspie Quiz

They don't give a formal diagnosis but might help strengthen your suspicions.

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2023, 9:09 am

Welcome to Wrong Planet.

The advice given by Double Retired is very good. There are ways you are one of us. This is by taking some of the tests over the internet.

I know that you may think you are perhaps suffering from a defect. But in a way you may be suffering because you are a different type of human. The human brain has two halves, one on the left side of your skull and the other on the right. Normally the left side is dominant and the right side becomes our sleep brain. But sometimes there is a brain flip and the two sides change places. The right side possesses a variety of unique traits, skill sets. We excel in many areas such as a heavy fixation on technology and computers. Thirty years ago I created a website without having any formal training on how this was done. I was a quick learner.

If I give you any advice it is take one or more of these online tests and know you are not broken, just different. You have a different skill set. Take advantage of this skill set and live a good life.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2023, 10:22 am

Welcome to WP :mrgreen: