Page 3 of 3 [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2023, 8:58 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
One of the most popular new courses at university is digital content creation. Short courses are completely booked out, everyone wants to know how to gloat on social media for clicks and $$

You're not really suggesting that 'gloating' is the main reason for creating online content, are you?

The internet is full of educational and persuasive content, not to mention (as gf notes) corporate promotional content. Self-aggrandizing content only represents a small fraction of the total content available.

Sweetleaf wrote:
No there is pleanty of online content I like, I just don't like gloaty stuff...I know there are many other reasons to post content, like if I get a cat I may even post about my cat on instagram or something. But I am not going to get on somewhere to gloat about not having kids...like my sister and her husband want a kid and if they have one, I will be glad to meet them. I am not going to be like 'eww you have a kid, let me tell you about how great it is not to have one.'

Anyways just irritates me when people get online to gloat, but for sure I realize there is better content available on the internet I don't think it's all gloating.

I wasn't accusing you of saying that or believing that, I was asking CD to clarify what he had said.

I agree with most of what you've said, especially that there's better content available.

Ah that makes sense, I should have read better to see you were responding to another poster, I just took it to be a response to my initial post.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2023, 10:19 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
Anyways just irritates me when people get online to gloat, but for sure I realize there is better content available on the internet I don't think it's all gloating.

I think self-promotion is a better term

celineefidi
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

29 Jan 2024, 2:19 pm

Gloating on social media, whether it's about having kids or not, can be cringe-worthy. It's awesome that you've made a choice that suits you, but constantly rubbing it in can be a bit much.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2024, 2:29 pm

Gloating on social media can come from very unhappy people who want to project a certain image.

It's all an illusion.

celineefidi
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

07 Feb 2024, 4:32 am

celineefidi wrote:
Gloating on social media, whether it's about having kids or not, can be cringe-worthy. It's awesome that you've made a choice that suits you, but constantly rubbing it in can be a bit much.

The beauty of social media is celebrating our differences and choices without making others feel less. People should be free to share their views, but a little less gloating and more understanding can go a long way. For real, it's all about respecting everyone's journey. And hey, if you ever wanna step up your social media game, maybe look into GetLikes. They can help without the gloating.