Woman rapes husband's autistic brother, gives birth to child

Page 2 of 3 [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2023, 6:06 pm

MrsPeel wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Taking advantage of someone who's incapable of giving consent really ought to be condemned regardless of the gender or sex details.

On that, I agree.
IF the authorities have got it the right way around and the woman is the rapist, she should face the consequences.

If it was really a he said/she said, we'd have his perspective, rather than his caretakers. That's a big part of why I conclude that it was indeed SA.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

MrsPeel
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2023, 8:54 pm

It's the timing of it that raises my suspicions.

First the woman runs off with the kids and makes the accusations against the brothers.
Only then, with a police investigation against them, do they accuse the woman of being the abuser. If she had really been abusive over 10 years, why did they not come forward earlier? The timing makes it seem like they are making an attack to protect themselves.

Plus, it is not surprising that the mother would come out battling on behalf of her kids, because that's what mothers do.

But I stress, this is just my speculation. It could be that the woman was the abuser. I'm just not entirely convinced, knowing how the police often mistake victim for abuser, it is unfortunately quite common.

It would help to have a better understanding of the capabilities of the autistic brother and whether or not he has been manipulated by any parties.

MrsPeel
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2023, 7:24 pm

I thought my hypothesis might elicit some responses
But I seem to have killed the thread, sorry!

Jono
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2023, 12:32 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
Double Retired wrote:
Quote:
He has autism, and could not have consented to these sexual acts,...
8O

Forcing sexual acts upon him against his will is wrong.

But I'm married and do not want anyone to tell my bride I can't consent to sexual acts because I'm Autistic!

To be fair, that's the victim's mother's opinion of her son, not an opinion that's applicable more broadly.

Also, we don't know the severity of his autism.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2023, 7:02 am

MrsPeel wrote:

First the woman runs off with the kids and makes the accusations against the brothers.
Only then, with a police investigation against them, do they accuse the woman of being the abuser. If she had really been abusive over 10 years, why did they not come forward earlier? The timing makes it seem like they are making an attack to protect themselves.

Plus, it is not surprising that the mother would come out battling on behalf of her kids, because that's what mothers do.

But I stress, this is just my speculation. It could be that the woman was the abuser. I'm just not entirely convinced, knowing how the police often mistake victim for abuser, it is unfortunately quite common.

It would help to have a better understanding of the capabilities of the autistic brother and whether or not he has been manipulated by any parties.

very possible. But thats about all one can say due to the lack of data we readers have on the case.

MushroomPrincess
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

26 Dec 2023, 1:19 pm

Honey69 wrote:
Seems an odd story. Just being autistic doesn't mean that you don't like sex.

That's the wrong takeaway, Honey. You can "like sex" and still be a victim of rape. No means no, it's as simple as.

Honey69
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2023, 6:23 pm

Another "Florida Woman" story

https://apnews.com/article/shooting-ove ... oon%20Wire

Quote:

A Florida woman holding her 11-month-old son in a baby carrier was fatally shot by her 14-year-old brother while trying to defuse an argument over Christmas gifts he was having with a 15-year-old brother who also was armed, authorities said.

The 15-year-old brother then shot his 14-year-old brother, though not fatally, for killing their sister on Sunday in Largo, Florida, which is located in the Tampa metro area, the Pinellas County Sheriff’s Office said in a news release.

The argument over gifts started while the three siblings were Christmas shopping with their mother and the sister’s two sons, ages 6 and 11 months. It continued when they went to their grandmother’s house where the sister, 23, told the younger brother to stop arguing with his older brother since it was Christmas Eve. The younger brother then told his sister he was going to shoot her and her infant, and then he shot her in the chest, the sheriff’s office said.

The older brother then shot his younger brother outside the home because of what he had done to their sister and he fled the home, tossing his firearm in a nearby yard, authorities said. He was taken to a mental health facility after he was located since he had threatened to harm himself. Once he is released from the mental health facility, he will be taken to a juvenile detention center, the news release said.

The 14-year-old brother was charged with first-degree murder, child abuse and for possessing a firearm as a delinquent. His 15-year-old brother was charged with attempted first-degree murder and tampering with evidence, the sheriff’s office said.

rocksteady85
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

28 Dec 2023, 12:47 am

MrsPeel wrote:

I am having a hard time deciding what I think happened here. I could see it being either way, but neither makes more sense, and I can't figure out a 'why'. That said, I would not be at all surprised if the men waited years to come forward. They probably wouldn't have said anything at all if they didn't have to because of this case blowing up. Society is not often kind to men who report SA.

Honey69
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2023, 6:26 pm

MushroomPrincess wrote:
Honey69 wrote:
Seems an odd story. Just being autistic doesn't mean that you don't like sex.

That's the wrong takeaway, Honey. You can "like sex" and still be a victim of rape. No means no, it's as simple as.

Yes, but in this case it is the mother saying "no", rather than the alleged victim.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2023, 7:35 pm

The absence of “no” doesn’t mean “yes” although he allegedly said “no” according to the article:

Quote:
The man told deputies Brooks allegedly forced sex upon him four times that he could recall, first starting 10 years prior and three other times in 2022, the affidavit said. He recalled incidents that happened in February, March and May of 2022 where he told Brooks "no" and "they shouldn't do this," the affidavit added. Brooks allegedly replied, "be quiet," don't "tell anyone" and "it was okay" because it "made her feel good."

All things considered, I think the woman is most likely guilty.

OUR_Diagnosis_Doesnt_Equal_We
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

10 Jan 2024, 5:16 pm

Legally women cannot committ grape

Blue Jay
Blue Jay

10 Jan 2024, 5:18 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
The quotes make her sound like a child molester, which (to me) suggests this guy wasn't capable of giving informed consent.

Or its a misleading article. Why does being autistic mean you cannot consent? Wtf

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2024, 5:30 pm

OUR_Diagnosis_Doesnt_Equal_We wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
The quotes make her sound like a child molester, which (to me) suggests this guy wasn't capable of giving informed consent.

Or its a misleading article. Why does being autistic mean you cannot consent? Wtf

Most autistic people are able to give consent. Being autistic doesn't inherently mean one can't consent, but certain comorbids like substantial intellectual impairment might make one incapable of giving informed consent.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2024, 5:31 pm

If that's what your lawyer has told you, find a new lawyer.

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Blue Jay
Blue Jay

10 Jan 2024, 5:58 pm

funeralxempire wrote:

Thats a very confident answer.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2024, 6:03 pm

funeralxempire wrote:

Thats a very confident answer.

The notion that women can't be convicted of SA is ludicrous. I'd be very curious about what jurisdiction you'd point to as an example of that being the established legal precedent.

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う