Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2023, 11:28 am

This is clips of a sermon and rebuttal about behavior expectations, especially surrounding sexual matters, for incoming Bethelites. Bethel is where JW publications are made and where the workers and leaders live. In their minds, the best thing a JW can do is go there to work and stay. They are given a room, food, and a very small monthly allowance. It’s basically slave labor, and yet, it’s something that young people are taught to strive for.

The sermon was leaked by someone at Bethel. The speakers are well-known and respected JWs. Ex-JWs refer to the leak as Pillowgate. :lol:

The funniest parts of the video go from 8:23 - 13:30 and 31:53 - 40:50. (Not safe for work!)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7XdcY9Li4kg

Things that aren’t allowed in Bethel: skirts above the knee, tight pants, flirting, masturbation - even with pillows, and being gay. The content is surprising because it goes into so much detail. All JWs know that those things aren’t allowed anyway. Perhaps Bethelites were claiming ignorance when they were caught in…awkward situations.

TikvaBall
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

21 Dec 2023, 12:27 pm

I'm fascinated by cults, so I know a fair bit about those guys. The governing body are all pretty much evil to their core. They have a lot of really good people in their group, but the leadership is so corrupt.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2023, 12:32 pm

When I left, the GB were still mostly working behind the scenes. It was easier to imagine them as being much different than how they actually are.

Honey69
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2023, 4:01 pm

Is there someone at the top, making a fortune off this cult?

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2023, 4:30 pm

It’s a group of men (around 8 of them) called the Governing Body. I don’t know how much money they’re raking in. They wear expensive jewelry, and one of them was filmed buying a thousand dollars worth of expensive whiskey. It was ironic because just a month previously they had a video for children that encouraged them to donate their ice cream money to the organization.

Still, I suspect their main motivation is power.

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

22 Dec 2023, 10:48 am

! Cornflake wrote:
Some general, off topic posts have been removed.

The topic is clearly introduced in the opening post of this thread.