Having a day at work I can't stand

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

chris1989
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2023, 2:54 pm

I've noticed for a while my assistant manager has been too overly stressed with the work. I've seen heard him huffing and puffing when even a little thing would set him off, I've sometimes heard him out of sight of customers, where he has lost his rag with the fact that we've been getting a lot of stock we've got too much of and the other day, me and him were taking apart a palette of boxes which had collapsed and he shouted at one of the new members of staff but did apologise afterwards and did explain is trying to get help and said today about having an assessment for counselling.

The thing is when someone is like that it makes the workplace look uncomfortable and it ends up getting me down. I know I have issues to deal with and I feel his stress reignites any negative thoughts I have at work. A number of times now, I've taken myself off into the staff room just for time out. I even did it again today for about 25 or nearly 30 minutes before my shift was over. I don't know whether I'm just avoiding the situation and not facing it and I know not to take these things that happen at work personally but it's hard. I've even thought sometimes should I consider transferring to another shop like the one my former colleagues moved to as they've suggested it to me before.