Feel unable right now to deal with change

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

chris1989
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2023, 2:45 pm

A number of times my mum's partner Chris has reminded me about the fact that he will become self employed once his employers retire and says he is worried about how well he'll do in his new career or how bad and says he worries about not keeping the house and reminded me about trying to help a bit more especially with the cooking which I haven't gone back into doing for more than month or so.

He tells me as well about the fact that he has had a hard year and it's been a hard time for him and mum has had a hard time as her dad has been in hospital and he has been depressed because he has had no one to talk to. What he tells me then makes me feel worried too and feel like I've got to suddenly take full responsibility for everything such as finances and stuff. It feels like the same thing with what my dad, my uncle and my nan after grandad passed away, I have heard them talking about insurance and finances and makes feel like people will want to retire sooner rather than later and I don't feel ready to take on the mantle as the main working bread winner of the family and that everything will be passed to me to deal with and I won't know how to manage it.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2023, 3:20 pm

Has anyone actually said they expect you to be the main breadwinner for the family?

If nobody has said that explicitly, I wouldn't infer such a thing.

chris1989
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2023, 3:41 pm

blitzkrieg wrote:
Has anyone actually said they expect you to be the main breadwinner for the family?

If nobody has said that explicitly, I wouldn't infer such a thing.

No, but it just feels that way to me right now, seeing what my parents and grandparents are going through right now.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2023, 6:40 pm

Sweet Pea hugs