Page 1 of 8 [ 115 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next

Rossall
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2023, 4:34 am

Let's do it folks. For auld lang syne.. :D

I won't be going out on new years eve as I don't like crowded pubs. Will just be getting gently sozzled on gin and diet tonic by myself.

Interests: music (especially 80s), computers, electronics, amateur radio, soccer (Liverpool).

Last edited by Rossall on 29 Dec 2023, 4:51 am, edited 3 times in total.

belijojo
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2023, 4:37 am

:heart: :heart: :heart:

Rossall
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2023, 5:03 am

Interests: music (especially 80s), computers, electronics, amateur radio, soccer (Liverpool).

jamie0.0
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

29 Dec 2023, 5:37 am

Subject: Happy New Year from the Asperger's community!

As we approach the new year, I want to take a moment to wish everyone in the Asperger's community a very happy and healthy new year!

The past year has been challenging for everyone, but I'm especially proud of the way our community has come together to support each other. We've faced the ups and downs of life with Asperger's together, and we've emerged stronger because of it.

In the new year, I hope that we can continue to build on this foundation of support and understanding. Let's make it a year where we celebrate our unique strengths and abilities, and where we work together to overcome any challenges that come our way.

Here are a few resolutions that I think would be good for our community in the new year:

Let's be more open and accepting of each other. Asperger's is a spectrum disorder, and that means that we all experience it differently. Let's make an effort to understand and respect each other's differences.
Let's reach out to others who may be struggling. There are many people out there who are newly diagnosed with Asperger's or who are still trying to come to terms with their diagnosis. Let's make sure that they know they're not alone and that there is support available.
Let's advocate for ourselves and for others with Asperger's. We need to make sure that our voices are heard, and that we have a say in the decisions that affect our lives.
I believe that together, we can make the new year a great one for the Asperger's community. So let's raise a glass (or a cup of tea, if that's more your style) to a happy and healthy new year!

All the best for 2024
Cheers!

Rossall
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2023, 6:02 am

^ Amen to that.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2023, 9:13 am

Ooh, I had not seen this thread.

Happy NYE/NYD, Rossall (and others)!

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2023, 9:41 am

Happy New Year from a lovable old, German sniveller. :wink:

belijojo
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2023, 10:38 am

Happy New Year.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2023, 11:34 am

Before we move on from 2023 I want to thank once again those involved in making Wrong Planet a much better forum then the forum started out the year. At the beginning of the year there was a chronic cancer eating away at mental health of members and driving away members. That cancer like many cancers was hidden so many of us were blissfully unaware. We became aware only because members meticulously detailed what happened to them and posted about it a process that had to make the words traumatized and humiliated almost seem inadequate. It would have very understandable for those members to be hostile towards certain demographics and people who just did not get it. They were the opposite both empathetic and patient. Americans seem to want to fight about every little thing. The subject involved usually ends up in accusations and bitterness. The opposite occurred, members and moderators were almost universally supportive. Because of all of that we end 2023 with the cancer exercised.

There are lessons in that for 2024 and beyond. It is inevitable new challenges will occur that will make us conclude they are too much, Wrong Planet is finally done for. If we draw upon the empathy and persistence we found out we have in 2023 we will be all right.

This past year saw my 10th anniversary both of being diagnosed and joining wrong planet. Did I celebrate it by getting sloshed and making a lot of noise, nope. I started a thread about it and it turned out be very emotional and one the high moments of my life. Thanks to all of the members who participated in that thread, it would have been literally not the same without you.

Beyond wrong planet 2023 sucked big time form me. I was dealing with the aftermath of mothers slow painful late in 2022. The mideast war is affecting me very deeply. In addition I had to move out of decades long residence that has been anything but pleasant(reminder to myself, post an update to my moving thread). I have great trepidation about what 2024 will bring both in the mideast and with our Presidential election. I am comforted that WP will be here to lean on vent, etc.

That was probably at lot more intense then the OP intended and that most expected. So lets get the party started with Ch-Ch-Chaka Khan.

Happy New Year everybody.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2023, 12:14 pm

I will remember 2023 on WP as the year that I decided to be myself in the end and it didn't matter to me what others thought about me. I will also remember 2023 on here as the year that I confessed how sensitive I am and the reason I can't stop using the avatar that I have right now. I'll also remember 2023 as the year that WP became a more welcoming place for everyone.

jamie0.0
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

29 Dec 2023, 3:27 pm

^^ thanks for sharing your experinces this year (both of you). i'm glad we have a safe space to help us grow

i'll be celebrating new years from the comfort of my couch, rum and coke, hopefully my cat will bless me with her presence

i'm still debating whether to watch the melbourne or sydney fireworks this year, i may set up the spare tv and watch both

so WP, the question i pose to you

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2023, 5:00 pm

On New Year's Eve, I'll listen to The Kinks. I'll watch the ball drop. Once it's 2024, I'll play an encore of You Really Got Me and than I'll get myself nice and sozzled on a bottle Chardonnay.

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2023, 5:43 pm

blitzkrieg wrote:
Ooh, I had not seen this thread.

Happy NYE/NYD, Rossall (and others)!

How are you feeling?

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2023, 5:55 pm

jamie0.0 wrote:
^^ thanks for sharing your experinces this year (both of you). i'm glad we have a safe space to help us grow

i'll be celebrating new years from the comfort of my couch, rum and coke, hopefully my cat will bless me with her presence

i'm still debating whether to watch the melbourne or sydney fireworks this year, i may set up the spare tv and watch both

so WP, the question i pose to you

You are welcome
I will be watching the ball drop in Times Square on TV and checking in on wrong planet.

You can watch one fireworks display live while recording the other one for later viewing.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

DuckHairback
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2023, 5:57 pm

What's a ball drop?

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2023, 5:59 pm

I hope 2024 is a BETTER year